PDA

View Full Version : Dual Exit Exhaust Conversion 2.0tdi

steve1234
20-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Since having my 2.0tdi I have enjoyed every minute but I get jealous when I see cars with an exhaust either side, am I the only one!!??

Has anybody investigated the possibility of a dual exhaust conversion at a reasonable cost?

A friend of mine in Germany thinks they are available over there so I am on the case, just wondered if I was the only one that would be interested??

Plife
21-08-2009, 08:30 AM
I too thought this and now have a Milltek exhaust fitted which has the dual output.

I was behind a standard car with the dual output and thought they looked really small and on a standard car I actually now prefer the single side!

steve1234
21-08-2009, 08:38 AM
I haven't seen a milltek system for the B8 (and the TDi), is there one - I know there was talk of it.......

I agree that the standard dual side can look a bit small but I think I'd like something that fills the cut outs in the valance. I just think in looks a bit "lop-sided" at the moment!!!

Plife
21-08-2009, 08:56 AM
I haven't seen a milltek system for the B8 (and the TDi), is there one - I know there was talk of it.......

I agree that the standard dual side can look a bit small but I think I'd like something that fills the cut outs in the valance. I just think in looks a bit "lop-sided" at the moment!!!
Mine has been the development car for the dual exhaust

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=74408

steve1234
21-08-2009, 09:03 AM
That looks good, I'll give them a call and find out if it can be fitted to the TDi. I bet it's not cheap but then I have the company cheque book!!!

To be 100% honest I'd choose a smaller twin tip either side to fit in with shape of the carand get an S4 valance......

Plife
21-08-2009, 09:10 AM
I to and fro between the tips being ok and then too big. It is a close call!! The tips do come off so smaller ones would be an option.

It is not available as yet as they had not finished the work. My car has been there all week for further refinement.

I personally prefer the S line valance to the S4 one!