PDA

View Full Version : Passat CC Service reset

markmundy
20-08-2009, 11:58 AM
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif VW Passat 2008> service reset
Can any one help

2008 VW Passat Tdi
I am trying to reset the service light on the above vehicle but when I try to access Adaption channels 10 the box is greyed out and will not let me proceed. I have spoken to VAG COM ant they have informed me that

Release 805.4 does not support Adaptation under UDS, hence the button is grayed out. The 2008 Passat uses an Instrument Cluster with UDS so you would need to use the latest Beta 907.3.

For UDS clusters, the SRI Reset function cannot currently be used.
Instead, you'd need to go into Instruments then Adaptation and choose the appropriate channels
Here's the tricky part: The specific items that need to be reset are not known so we have reports that picking "ESI: Resetting ESI" results in an error from the Cluster indicating that the request is out of range. You may want to try picking that, and repeat a few times but I don't have lots of hope that it will be successful.

I have tried a few times to do as described, but am still unable to reset the service light. I have been informed by my friendly Audi tech that I need an access code to cary out the reset.

Any one know if this is correct or has any other ideas

Mark