PDA

View Full Version : VW Passat 2008> service reset

markmundy
20-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Can any one help

2008 VW Passat Tdi
I am trying to reset the service light on the above vehicle but when I try to access Adaption channels 10 the box is greyed out and will not let me proceed. I have spoken to VAG COM ant they have informed me that

Release 805.4 does not support Adaptation under UDS, hence the button is grayed out. The 2008 Passat uses an Instrument Cluster with UDS so you would need to use the latest Beta 907.3.

For UDS clusters, the SRI Reset function cannot currently be used.
Instead, you'd need to go into Instruments then Adaptation and choose the appropriate channels
Here's the tricky part: The specific items that need to be reset are not known so we have reports that picking "ESI: Resetting ESI" results in an error from the Cluster indicating that the request is out of range. You may want to try picking that, and repeat a few times but I don't have lots of hope that it will be successful.

I have tried a few times to do as described, but am still unable to reset the service light. I have been informed by my friendly Audi tech that I need an access code to cary out the reset.

Any one know if this is correct or has any other ideas

Mark

towcestervag
20-08-2009, 10:23 PM
why dont you reset it using dash buttons as described in you instruction book/manual

markmundy
21-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Ref Service reset.
Sorry, I haven't got the manual as it's not my car and I didn't expect VW to tell you how to reset a service light on your own car.

Thats why they charge so much for a service, to enable highly trained technicians to use sothisticated equipment to service your car and then charge accordingly. :D

Any chance of information to reset?
:o

kite
21-08-2009, 08:09 PM
The search button brings up all sorts of answers

markmundy
21-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Have checked threads for resets, The vehicle is an 08 passat CC not a Passat B5 , so manual resets listed do not work and it is not in hand book unless some one can prove me wrong!:confused:

towcestervag
21-08-2009, 10:16 PM
it has to be handbook listed due to block exemption
other wise mark give us a call and i will reset for you using 1552 or vag com im in Towcester
Pete 07711523638

markmundy
21-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the offer.
As I have said previously I don't have access to a handbook so if their is a manual reset for variable service I'm not aware of it.

Apparently, according to VAG COM you can not reset the variable service indicator with the current VCDS, but they said it may be possible with the beta software version, but I haven't tried it yet.

If you hear of anything different please let me know.

Cheers

towcestervag
07-09-2009, 08:12 AM
mark vcds got a update on thursday it may do service reset now?

markmundy
07-09-2009, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the info. I downloaded the update last night so when I have access to the car I'll try it.

towcestervag
07-09-2009, 07:46 PM
just to let you know i reset a TT today to fixed service using vcds it worked and i check it in the parameters and i got the relevent changes so i reset it to long life to see and it was a piece of cake