PDA

View Full Version : 1 September Countdown

tigersargyle
19-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Its been a long wait, but car has arrived at the dealers :approve:

Exhausts checked by dealer and unfortunately they are not chrome - investigation launched with Audi UK, but will not let this dampen my spirits. (Interestingly the 09 A5 Cab 2.0T S-Line which I had a lift in had the same issue)

My "59" number plate has been chosen (had a choice of 20 or so). 3 year service plan taken out. Insurance put in place. Collection time - 8:30am. Camera ready for photos! Great salesman has even lent me an A4 Avant Handbook for me to swot up on before delivery.

Now roll on 1 September.

Anyone else looking forward to 1 September and their new 59 plate?

CarbonS4
19-08-2009, 02:10 PM

Exhausts checked by dealer and unfortunately they are not chrome - investigation launched with Audi UK, but will not let this dampen my spirits. (Interestingly the 09 A5 Cab 2.0T S-Line which I had a lift in had the same issue)

My "59" number plate has been chosen (had a choice of 20 or so). 3 year service plan taken out. Insurance put in place. Collection time - 8:30am. Camera ready for photos! Great salesman has even lent me an A4 Avant Handbook for me to swot up on before delivery.

Now roll on 1 September.

ooooh yes, except ours is being delivered home next Wed 26th and will sit in the garage until the 1st, so we can "play" get music uploaded and get all the tricks done with Vag-com before the 1st :D :D :D

ScottyUK
19-08-2009, 02:22 PM
I was told today mine was at the dealers. He tells me all the options are there (hhmmm ok !) and I've tasked him with checking the exhausts but I think we all know what the answer will be.

I've got to give back the loaner so no sticking it in the garage until the 1st for me.

I'll leave work, get home and get the loaner and go and swap it for a new one. How much fuel shall I leave in it? ;)

p.s. tigerargyle - mine's newer - build week 31 ;)

Jop
19-08-2009, 02:31 PM
I'll leave work, get home and get the loaner and go and swap it for a new one. How much fuel shall I leave in it? ;)
)
I gave mine back about 1/3 full. The cheap stuff of course.

I wonder what they fill new cars with?... 98 or boring old 95?

tigersargyle
19-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Scotty

[p.s. tigerargyle - mine's newer - build week 31 ;)[/QUOTE]

At least I will have a few hours on you to play with the new toy come 1 September :D

I see you have quite similiar spec to my car and they were built within a week of each other. Would be interesting to compare the finished products - lets hope the Audi workforce were in form for week 30-31!

Will be very annoyed if you have chrome pipes as mine does not, but as you indicated....unlikely to be the case.

Sportwag
19-08-2009, 02:53 PM
I was told today mine was at the dealers. He tells me all the options are there (hhmmm ok !) and I've tasked him with checking the exhausts but I think we all know what the answer will be.

I've got to give back the loaner so no sticking it in the garage until the 1st for me.

Shame you are missing the plate change by a matter of days - can you not tell them that you are on holiday (you've got the roofbox afterall) and will pick up Sept 1st?

ScottyUK
19-08-2009, 03:14 PM
I gave mine back about 1/3 full. The cheap stuff of course.

I wonder what they fill new cars with?... 98 or boring old 95?

You're not wondering that at all. You and I know the answer. Oh and "fill new cars with" :confused: How about "half fill new cars with"? :mad:

;)

ScottyUK
19-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Shame you are missing the plate change by a matter of days - can you not tell them that you are on holiday (you've got the roofbox afterall) and will pick up Sept 1st?

Sorry - I wasn't clear.

I'm booked to collect it on a 59 plate at 4pm on Sept 1st ;)

ScottyUK
19-08-2009, 03:18 PM

At least I will have a few hours on you to play with the new toy come 1 September :D

I see you have quite similiar spec to my car and they were built within a week of each other. Would be interesting to compare the finished products - lets hope the Audi workforce were in form for week 30-31!

Will be very annoyed if you have chrome pipes as mine does not, but as you indicated....unlikely to be the case.

Your's will be second hand by the time I pick mine up :biglaugh:

I noticed the similar spec. Fingers crossed about the build. :beerchug:

21stCentury
19-08-2009, 06:38 PM

Certainly am! Ordered mine at the end of May to be sure of 1st Sept delivery only to find that it landed at the dealers a few weeks ago. It's been a long wait knowing the car is there waiting.

Having a few regrets about not ordering B&O. Had I waited a few weeks to order I might have understood the significance of this - especially as I saw on this forum someone refer to the standard system as 'more B&Q than B&O' Someone tell me, is it that bad?

porty
19-08-2009, 09:19 PM
I'll be collecting my S4 on 1 September too! Can't wait ...

troc
19-08-2009, 09:53 PM
No fair

I have to wait 2 weeks longer than everyone else :(

I'll see if I can persuade the wife we need it earlier.

John

Hippogriff
19-08-2009, 11:28 PM
My A4 2.0 TDI Executive S line is due for delivery on the 2nd of September. I am more than a little excited... but that's partially because I get to remove Lurch (my name for the SLK 280 I have) from my sights at almost the same time.

Can't wait for some proper technology again... integrated sat. nav. (£90 TomTom consigned to the loft, or bin!), music on either SD cards or HDD (no more cutting throwaway CDs from my 100% digitised music collection), voice control... ("take me home! drive!" it does that too, doesn't it?)... yeah!

Exhausts will be checked for chrome.

The two AMI cables will be the ones that I want... USB and mini-USB.

Now wondering if there is potential for a nicely anagrammatic reg. plate. Previous A4 had a very naughty name as it had the 5 letters needed to make a rude word, of kinds! Lovely. Have asked the question anyway...

Praying (non-religiously) that nothing goes wrong.

tigersargyle
20-08-2009, 09:41 PM

So Scotty what was the result of the dealer's inspection of your exhaust pipes? Good or bad (expected) news?

ScottyUK
20-08-2009, 09:44 PM
I didn't get a call back Wednesday. I knew he was busy so maybe not too much of a surprise and I know he doesn't work Thursdays so I'll speak to him tomorrow.

Dr Mcr
24-08-2009, 05:57 PM
1st post from me - hi everyone!

I payed a deposit on a B8 Avant SE Exec last week and currently trying to sort out reg and collection date. I would love to have it on the 1st/2nd but it's looking more like 4th/5th at the moment :(.

This will be be my first Audi, having driven Merc's recently.

is there anything major I should look out for on collection?

ScottyUK
24-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Check everything !!!!!! Mine was missing quattro and parking sensors.

If it's pre-built then are you getting a 2009 car or a 2010 one? There's quite a few differences and you don't want to pay full wack for a 2009 one now.

Seriously check everything! ;)

I had the Confirmation of Registration Details document sent to me today. It doesn't confirm all the options but it does say :

Audi A4 Avt 8A Avt 2.0T q

and

Blue

so we're half way there ! :biglaugh:

p.s. Not impressed that I didn't get any choice on the plate this time :(

ScottyUK
24-08-2009, 06:06 PM
So Scotty what was the result of the dealer's inspection of your exhaust pipes? Good or bad (expected) news?

Good and bad.

Bad : it arrived (as expected) without the stainless tips

Good : it's now got them on :D

Dr Mcr
24-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Check everything !!!!!! Mine was missing quattro and parking sensors.

If it's pre-built then are you getting a 2009 car or a 2010 one? There's quite a few differences and you don't want to pay full wack for a 2009 one now.

Seriously check everything! ;)

What's the big difference between 09 and 10 models? Will it make a big difference on risidual values? Is there anyway of checking from the order details?

it was a stock car so I suspect it is an 09 spec. I did get quite a discount so i expect I've not lost out too much.

ScottyUK
24-08-2009, 09:06 PM
I guess it depends what engine and options you've got to how much if affects you :

Here's the change bulletin :

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul_scott/A4_MY2010_Changes.pdf

Note that some things have since changed again but that won't affect you.

Dr Mcr
24-08-2009, 09:38 PM
I guess it depends what engine and options you've got to how much if affects you :

Here's the change bulletin :

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul_scott/A4_MY2010_Changes.pdf

Note that some things have since changed again but that won't affect you.

Thanks for that. So effectively, if my dealership ordered the car after April 9th , it should be a MY2010 car.

I have paid a deposit on a stock car - standard 2.0TDi (143) Avant SE Exec (but with missing Low telephone prep for some reason). The dealership has said they would retrofit the Bluetooth interface as this can be done in the dealership.

ScottyUK
24-08-2009, 10:02 PM
They may retro fit BT but I doubt they'll retro fit Phone Prep Low (which an Exec should have) i.e. external roof aerial and docking station in armrest in addition to the BT.

The difference in price between BT Handsfree and Phone Prep Low is in the brochure on the site. Even if you won't miss the difference you could try and get the difference in price back.

With regards 2009 vs2010 - ask them what the build week was. You could always compare mirrors etc. If you don't have the Xenon's then you won't have rear LEDs so that change won't be apparent. If your's is a manual then whether there's a Start Stop buttn on the gear shift surround will also tell you.

Dr Mcr
24-08-2009, 10:16 PM
They may retro fit BT but I doubt they'll retro fit Phone Prep Low (which an Exec should have) i.e. external roof aerial and docking station in armrest in addition to the BT.

The difference in price between BT Handsfree and Phone Prep Low is in the brochure on the site. Even if you won't miss the difference you could try and get the difference in price back.

With regards 2009 vs2010 - ask them what the build week was. You could always compare mirrors etc. If you don't have the Xenon's then you won't have rear LEDs so that change won't be apparent. If your's is a manual then whether there's a Start Stop buttn on the gear shift surround will also tell you.

Hi Scotty,

It is just the BT they are fitting, not the low prep as this has to be done in the factory (according to dealer).

I'll ask about the build week.

I have put the deposit on a manual 2.0 TDi so I'll look for the stop start button - I must admit, I thought this was just for cars with the keyless entry fitted, so you didn't have to plug the key into the dash once you sat in the car.

I wanted an auto really but they had none coming through other than a very well specced s-line (too expensive) so I would have had to factory order an SE auto (I'm too impatient)!

ScottyUK
24-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Don't confuse the Start Stop button with the Start button which comes with keyless entry.

See this thread to see the Start Stop button. http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=69749&highlight=Start+Stop

Hippogriff
24-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Doesn't the Start button have "Start" and "Stop" written on it, while the Start-Stop button has neither, instead it has an A in a circle and "OFF" written on it?

Pressing one will Start you and Stop you... pressing the other won't, but it will enable or disable the car's ability to automatically Start and Stop you?

That's teutonic design. :approve:

ScottyUK
25-08-2009, 12:46 AM
Nearly as good as Windows ; click START to Shutdown ;)

Dr Mcr
25-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Once you go mac you never go back!

there is a scary number of buttons surrounding the driver compared to my old SLK! Suppose I'll get used to them in time :biglaugh:

Hippogriff
25-08-2009, 09:14 AM
More buttons = better car?

Maybe buttons that do two things... or two buttons that do one thing?

I'm sure an Audi boffin is on the case.

SLK is bare; I agree... not a really nice place to be, for me... like expensive minimalist.

ScottyUK
27-08-2009, 04:11 PM
If you're collecting on Sept 1st then don't forget to arrange your 7 day free Audi insurance. If you try it on the day I'm sure the phone queue will be huge.

I just did mine and it took 20mins to get answered.

Dr Mcr
28-08-2009, 12:16 PM
If you're collecting on Sept 1st then don't forget to arrange your 7 day free Audi insurance. If you try it on the day I'm sure the phone queue will be huge.

I just did mine and it took 20mins to get answered.

Thanks Scotty,

Arranged this yesterday. Just a few days to go now. The only thing to do is put my reg on a transfer document. NEver done this before, but it looks quite convoluted!

The dealer told me that mine is a 2010 car with stop-start (Avant 2.0TDi (143) SE Exec). He said they didn't do the Exec model before March, so had to be a 2010. He didn't say what the build week was.

D.

ScottyUK
28-08-2009, 02:39 PM
"He said they didn't do the Exec model before March, so had to be a 2010."

Would you like me to send you the January brochure that lists a 2.0TDI 143PS Executive SE ? (£23,985 saloon, £25,110 avant OTR)

****ing dealers !!! :mad:

Dr Mcr
28-08-2009, 06:20 PM
"He said they didn't do the Exec model before March, so had to be a 2010."

Would you like me to send you the January brochure that lists a 2.0TDI 143PS Executive SE ? (£23,985 saloon, £25,110 avant OTR)

****ing dealers !!! :mad:
Incredible! Mind you - I had to tell him about the fact the 2010 model cars had the towbar prep already done.

Is there anyway to work out the build week or whether it is a 2010 moedl car from the VIN number? I'm getting nervous again - it's a lot of money.

In defence of the dealers though, Audi seem to be pushing out new models at a hell of a rate at the moment. if you just want a 4 seat car, you have a choice of (in order of cabin size)

2 door TT (okay this is pushing it)

3 door a3 cabriolet
3 door A3
5 door A3 sportback
2 door A5 coupe
2 door a5 cabriolet
5 door A5 sportback
4 door A4 saloon
5 door a4 avant
5 door a4 allroad
5 door Q5
4 door a6 saloon
5 door a6 avant
5 door a6 allroad
4 door a8

and this is before you consider the SE and all the variants etc. Does anyone know how many model variants you can buy (before you get to options level):confused:

Is there a definative way that I can look at my car and feel safe that it is a 2010 model car? Is it the inclusion of stop-start on the engine?:confused:

ScottyUK
28-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Tow Bar prep had always ready been removed as part of MY2010 so don't rely on that.

Even if you have the 2010 mirrors, Start Stop, etc there's still no 100% guarantee as it may be a car from period where MY2009 and MY2010 crossed over.

If you can find out the build date then that would help.

Bratty
28-08-2009, 10:28 PM
If you have a problem trying to get to the bottom of the spec of the Audi then I can only advise that YOU DO NOT!! take the dealers word ever! Phone Audi UK customer services and they will ask you for the vehicle registration then ask your question. Not 100% on a used car but if you are persistent enough YOU can get the correct answers.

Dunk

CarbonS4
30-08-2009, 07:38 PM
New car arrived last wed, all Vag-Com tweeks done, hidden menu released, better half's Blackbery all paired and phone book uploaded, She is ready to go with it on the 1st.
Dont know if its worse having it sitting in the garage,or stuck at the dealer, because I keep going out to have a "play" :D :D

ScottyUK
30-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Don't do what I did .......

8 or so years ago I had a new Audi TT delivered. I played with all the toys whilst on my drive and then said to the Mrs that I was going out for a drive.

Turned the key and a noise but no engine. I'd run the battery down playing with the car. :o

**** **** **** I felt like a total t1t !!

I went and had lunch and then went back. Clutch in, ALL switches off, and cranked it. It just caught and then I had the perfect excuse to put a load of miles on it, " to recharge the battery".

I don't think it's possible on the A4 to do this..... but tread carefully just in case.

p.s. two more sleeps ;)

CarbonS4
30-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Don't do what I did .......

8 or so years ago I had a new Audi TT delivered. I played with all the toys whilst on my drive and then said to the Mrs that I was going out for a drive.

Turned the key and a noise but no engine. I'd run the battery down playing with the car. :o

**** **** **** I felt like a total t1t !!

I went and had lunch and then went back. Clutch in, ALL switches off, and cranked it. It just caught and then I had the perfect excuse to put a load of miles on it, " to recharge the battery".

I don't think it's possible on the A4 to do this..... but tread carefully just in case.

p.s. two more sleeps ;)

thanks m8, but i have had all the int lights off, to save power ;) I must admit i am VERY impressed with the car and all the kit so far. even tried a DVD :D
2 sleepless nights then ??? what time you picking the car up on Tue ?
bet you will have the Vag tweeks on by tue night.

ScottyUK
30-08-2009, 09:56 PM
I've got a 4pm appointment. This means I'll probably get away 5:30pm ish. I'm then out that evening about 30 miles away so I think I'll just get over there and then play with the 3G MMI and voice control.

Oh and I might take my laptop with VagCom :biglaugh:

CarbonS4
30-08-2009, 10:03 PM
I've got a 4pm appointment. This means I'll probably get away 5:30pm ish. I'm then out that evening about 30 miles away so I think I'll just get over there and then play with the 3G MMI and voice control.

Oh and I might take my laptop with VagCom :biglaugh:

Be rude not to take it with you :D

tigersargyle
31-08-2009, 08:54 PM
12 hours to go until pick up - apparently first one out of my dealer's showroom!

Getting very excited and doubt there will be much sleep tonight. Not so happy though about the "heavy showers" Devon forecast! The new baby may have to wait until it gets its full protective coat delivered and sealed!

To everyone picking up their new cars tomorrow good luck and remember to take the camera!

:beerchug:

ScottyUK
31-08-2009, 09:03 PM
I collect at the end of the day and had a detailer/valeter arranged for the following day but the weather looks like the treatment will be delayed :(

Perhaps it's healthy to let them get dirty straight away. ;)

Hippogriff
31-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Mine is being delivered to my front door on Wednesday - after 13:00 - got a meeting in the morning, then will race home, then got to be back out to entertain customers in a pub from 17:00 - so, hopefully, they're on time and I approve it as all-well-and-good, then I have some time to play with it before Thursday - when, hopfully, I will be in a fit state to drive! Otherwise, I'll have to be even more patient.

Got my music on the USB hard disk... fingers-crossed all is swell on that. Did some tinkering with the Blackberry, as per some instructions on this site... hoping that 'just works' now. Dusted off my The Empire Strikes Back DVD, so I can watch it when parked up in the middle of nowhere(!)

Weather I'm not bothered about. I don't care about how the car looks outside much. I had just solid black (they call it brilliant, don't they? :D) last time and I've gone for solid black again. I care about the inside a great deal thought - I do hate getting into my mate's car when he's got McDonald's breakfast wrappers and all sorts of other crap all over the front passenger seat and footwell. But, I digress, I am from Yorkshire... I just can't allow myself to pay for shiny paint ;) though I have been told, and do accept, that the normal paint is a bit softer, more prone to scratching.

Bye-bye SLK - which I called LURCH - because it does! Welcome back my favourite German brand of car. The letters in my reg. can anagram to make a rude-ish word. Very happy about that.

This had all better go well. Good luck all you getting yours tomorrow!

mkc
01-09-2009, 09:55 AM
where are they then, surely someone has a 59 plate now?

kodkod.84
01-09-2009, 10:04 AM
The letters in my reg. can anagram to make a rude-ish word. Very happy about that.

This had all better go well. Good luck all you getting yours tomorrow!

Do you reckon there will be a 69 plate in the future? :D

Hippogriff
01-09-2009, 10:37 AM

I am sure they do, but - speaking for myself - I wouldn't be hurrying to get on t'Internet describing it just yet. No, I'd be finishing today's repeated episode of Jeremy Kyle before I did that.

CarbonS4
01-09-2009, 12:45 PM

Ours was delivered to the house last Wed, and the other half trundled off to work in it this morning, and to say she likes it, is an understatement, quote from her txt "just wanted to keep driving this morning" its great to have the other half as a petrolhead :biglaugh:

zollaf
01-09-2009, 12:51 PM
stupid question i know, but what happens next year? will we have 10, then 510 or what.

juniperz
01-09-2009, 12:58 PM
stupid question i know, but what happens next year? will we have 10, then 510 or what.
This suggests that it is going to be 10 in March 2010 followed 60 in September:
http://www.ukcar.com/features/reg_year_2.htm

kodkod.84
01-09-2009, 01:27 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_number_plates#Current_system

So there is gonna be a 69 :biglaugh:

ScottyUK
01-09-2009, 02:06 PM
I get mine in a couple of hours but then I'm straight out in it so you'll have to wait for any news :p ;)

kodkod.84
01-09-2009, 02:47 PM
You're gonna love playing with the powered tailgate, saw one in action at the weekend when a dark blue RS6 pulled next to me at the petrol station and the boot went up, he got his wallet out and then pressed a button on the fob and the boot closed itself. Very smart! ;)

Jop
01-09-2009, 03:09 PM
a dark blue RS6 pulled next to me at the petrol station and the boot went up, he got his wallet out and then pressed a button on the fob and the boot closed itself. Very smart! ;)

He got his wallet out of the boot? :confused:

troc
01-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Well he's an RS6 owner - therefore loaded so I guess it was a big wallet :D

zollaf
01-09-2009, 03:22 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_number_plates#Current_system

So there is gonna be a 69 :biglaugh:
september 2019. i bet that will be a good day for car sales.

ScottyUK
01-09-2009, 03:37 PM
You're gonna love playing with the powered tailgate, saw one in action at the weekend when a dark blue RS6 pulled next to me at the petrol station and the boot went up, he got his wallet out and then pressed a button on the fob and the boot closed itself. Very smart! ;)

To be honest this is the one option that I'm not totally at ease with despite ordering it!! Not sure if it will frustrate me or I'll love it. I must remember to set the max height when I get home tonight to that it doesn't smack the garage door when it's up !!

Anyway, I'll know in 30 mins :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:.

Now home and getting ready to do the swap. Old V5 signed by the Mrs (she's not coming with me but it's in her name). New V5 turned up this morning :D

Fingers crossed ;)

kodkod.84
01-09-2009, 03:45 PM
He got his wallet out of the boot? :confused:

Yeah it was in his jacket pocket which he had put in the boot :)

ScottyUK
01-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Found free wifi where I am ! :D

My car is as ordered !!!! :biglaugh:

DVD Vehicle in motion change done.

Now to do the other tweaks!! ;)

Signed

Happy Bunny :biglaugh:

p.s. quattro = mmmmmmmmmmmm nice! :approve:

Plife
01-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Found free wifi where I am ! :D

My car is as ordered !!!! :biglaugh:

DVD Vehicle in motion change done.

Now to do the other tweaks!! ;)

Signed

Happy Bunny :biglaugh:

p.s. quattro = mmmmmmmmmmmm nice! :approve:
Good news Scotty. Now enjoy :beerchug:

CarbonS4
01-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Pleased that they got it all right for you this time Scotty, enjoy that quattro ;)

Jop
01-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Woo, Yay for scotty. Having a near identical car myself I know you're gonna love it. Especially the q. Drive safely now. Look forward to hearing your opinions soon.

73kingstonroad
01-09-2009, 09:57 PM

Now roll on 1 September.

How did your collection go...

And

Where's the pictures...

And

Has it got the S Tronic surging issue...

Martin

Dr Mcr
01-09-2009, 09:59 PM

Got mine (59 plate) at 5pm today. Now the proud owner of my 1st Audi. Hope it serves me as well as the Merc did :biglaugh:

Reading through the manual at the moment. Quite like the advanced gear change indicator in the Economy programme. I'll try switching it on tomorrow.

D.