PDA

View Full Version : Newbie ere. cant decide between 1.8 TFSI or 2.0 TFSI

jinky
19-08-2009, 12:21 AM
Hi everyone, just joined. coming here from the bmw community.
Looking to go spec myself new A4 tomorrow. But im all very new to this. (AUDI). Going to be my first one.

The question is i have budget for a 2.0 TFSI S-Line. But having read briefly of some of the threads here regarding this model with quattro. Is it better driving experience to get it with q??
or
Is the 1.8 TFSI S-line a good car to drive without q?

What im trying to say is if i go for the 2.0 TFSI would i have to get it with q? 200ps FW.....abit dodgy?
or do i get the 160 Ps 1.8 TFSI without q!

Chers in advance

jinky
19-08-2009, 12:45 AM
just noticed you cant get q on the 1.8 TFSI. lol.

Anyways i think im going to go with the 1.8 nd get it remapped. Looking t star performance in scotland they do remaps. 160 to 205ps seems ok.

i think if i get the 2.0 TFSI i would have to spec q with it cause i think it would ruin the eperience.

ScottyUK
19-08-2009, 07:00 AM
Glad we could help ;) :D

kodkod.84
19-08-2009, 08:21 AM
Test drive these
1.8T 160ps
2.0T FWD
2.0T quattro

This will help you out in this situation!

mkc
19-08-2009, 09:56 AM
I have the FWD 1.8T 160. It does feel pretty swift but then Ive never driven the 2.0T quattro. You get loads of torque steer, wheel spin and an orange flashing light on the dash when you push it. Its only going to be worse in the 2.0T FWD

Depending on how you drive (legally of course) you might find the quattro is better otherwise youll end up with a worse driving experience in a remapped 160bhp

jinky
19-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks everyone for your views. I'm going to head out and see what deal I can get. I really want the 2.0 TFSI. I've specced it up with S-line. If I add quattro, the car would be out my budget. And I don't want to get the a4 without s-line.
Mkc- what's the drive like on the 1.8 160. I've specced it up similar to yours. Is the 160 pretty quick? My mate had b7 1.8 remapped, from what I can remember it was pretty quick. But he never mentioned about the drive.

**** man this is harder than I thought. Lol.

Spec as follows:
1.8 TFSI S-line/2.0 TFSI S-line
Ibis white
19" 20 spoke
piano black inlays/black headlining/black oblack with silver stitching seats
rear parking sensor
b and o
folding mirrors

mkc
19-08-2009, 11:36 AM
It feels pretty quick to me, but then Ive never really driven anything with more bhp. If you are doing around 40-50, change down a gear and then floor it it picks up pretty quickly with the turbo towards the high end of the revs. Certainly a lot quicker than the official figures suggest. Certainly not lacking for overtaking moves.

1st and 2nd gear are pretty short so you find yourself back and forth a fair bit in and around congested town areas.

You do get the pulling and wobbly steering wheel issues tho when you floor it from a junction which is why I would think the 200bhp + 2.0 would be worse. I tend to cruise around slowly tho and not a boy racer any more so not much of a problem for me!

I think its front heavy into corners, I have no confidence going around corners quickly, but I guess that the position of the engine and would be true for all A4s. Possibly worse for the larger engines if they actually weigh more.

S Line suspension over the sport was my choice but perhaps you should try with both 30mm and 20mm setup and 18s and 19s.