PDA

View Full Version : Cam Belt Interval on 2.5TDI

AudiA62.5TDI
17-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Afternoon,

My recent Audi A6 purchase included the service book, but not the hand book.

I contacted each of the garages in the service book and asked if they would send me a copy of the invoices for each service.

Without fail, they have all (3 indepenadant garages) have sent me through copies.

Thankfully, they all correspond to the service book and the 85k on an R reg avant looks genuine - phewww!

The service book confirms the cam belt and pump belt were replaced at 60k - When should I replace it again - 90k or 120k?

I do not have aservice book and I have called the service department at Bath Audi and in total I have been holding for 32 minutes!

Can anyone advise, or sell me a handbook?

I need this car to do 200k miles since setting up own company and will be skint unless I stop feeding the kids, beagles.......hmmmmm, could feed beagles to the kids.......

Best Wishes, and if anyone does have ahigh mileage A6 - any pointers.

Aprreciate any feedback

buster
17-04-2007, 11:29 PM
Afternoon,

My recent Audi A6 purchase included the service book, but not the hand book.

I contacted each of the garages in the service book and asked if they would send me a copy of the invoices for each service.

Without fail, they have all (3 indepenadant garages) have sent me through copies.

Thankfully, they all correspond to the service book and the 85k on an R reg avant looks genuine - phewww!

The service book confirms the cam belt and pump belt were replaced at 60k - When should I replace it again - 90k or 120k?

I do not have aservice book and I have called the service department at Bath Audi and in total I have been holding for 32 minutes!

Can anyone advise, or sell me a handbook?

I need this car to do 200k miles since setting up own company and will be skint unless I stop feeding the kids, beagles.......hmmmmm, could feed beagles to the kids.......

Best Wishes, and if anyone does have ahigh mileage A6 - any pointers.

Aprreciate any feedback

The cam belt intervals are in your service book, (the one that gets stamped) and not your owners manual. I believe that intervals are 60,000 for a diesel, they certainly are NOT 30,000.

AudiA62.5TDI
18-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Many thanks for your comments. I noted your website - interesting.

alfapseud
22-04-2007, 10:40 PM
My understanding is that the 2.5 tdi has an 80, 000 service life for its belts. I had mine (2000 x avant 150 bhp) done then inc all tensioners etc £400 ish at an indep garage. I recall we checked the interval in a book of his. Also note on the 'routine service section' of your book it refers to 6 and 4 cyl engine intervals as different (that's from memory - I can't recall exactly)

The garage owner has an a6 1.9 and so does his belts at 60 000

Again without looking up the recipt I couldn't tell you but the water pump may also have been replaced then - I can't remeber if it is an issue on this engine....

So next belt change not due until... 140?

ss