PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Gear Shifter

SiJP
17-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Hi all - first post to the forums so please be gentle :biglaugh:

I've just bought a 1999 Golf V5, which I'm thoroughly pleased with (grinning from ear to ear actually, for the mileage and price).

I opted for an automatic, just cos I'm plain bored with having to change gears manually - I'm sure I'll get bored with the automatic in a year or so, but I'll cross that bridge another time!

Question is: (Where) can you get replacement gear shifters for automatic golfs? Just not a major fan of the standard one!

I've had a google without much success.

Any help would be great!

TIA,
Simon

Big_E
17-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Hi Simon, Welcome to the forum. Nice one on your new buy of a V Dub, I am still grinning with mine too. With regards to a replacement automatic gear lever, I can't say I have ever seen one that's widely available, only custom jobs.

It may be worth looking at other models with an Auto box to see what style those auto levers are, and see if you can pick one from breakers yard. Or get one custom made.

SiJP
22-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the response - had a look around and ther isn't a heck of a lot on offer - guess I'll stick with the standard shifter for now :)

Cheers

guyg
22-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Maybe it would be worth trying some of the US accessory sites; they have a much larger market for autos than we do.

Cheers

Guy