PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Back door won't open

Andy J
17-08-2009, 07:34 AM
The drivers side rear door on my A4 won't open either from the inside or outside, help how do I sort this without destroying the door trim. The central looking is faulty and does not work on the back doors so it's not a C/L fault.

kite
17-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Deleted

Andy J
17-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Deleted

Eh!!!!!

toff
17-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Are you sure it's not a central locking fault?

Before you start the unthinkable (hacking the door cards apart) you could try tracing the pipes from the central locking pump to see if there are any splits etc?

Al.

Andy J
17-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Are you sure it's not a central locking fault?

Before you start the unthinkable (hacking the door cards apart) you could try tracing the pipes from the central locking pump to see if there are any splits etc?

Al.

There is no power to either rear door, I'm a bit confused about this pipes and central locking pump thing, mine has neither, I've had all the door cards off trying to sort out the lack of central locking on the rear doors, there is definatly only electrics in the doors, no air/vacuum pipes, I think the vacuum system was used on previous models.

toff
18-08-2009, 12:21 AM
The same thing happened to my front passenger door on my last B6.

It used to happened on the odd occasion but one day I couldn't open the door at all.
I just kept trying the handles each time I drove the car until one day it magically started working again (no thyme or reason as to why unfortunately!)

The only thing I can think to suggest is scan the Central Convenience controller for errors with Vag-Com.

Al.