PDA

View Full Version : MAF What next...

richiebarthez
17-04-2007, 12:35 PM
I had a full service yesterday and my car is slower than ever so I stopped and unplugged the MAF, now it's much faster but nowhere near as quick as it should be...

I've ordered a new Maf from volks bits which im picking up tomorrow for £65, If I fit this myself should the care just start running as normal or does the ecu have to be messed with?

Im a bit worried about forking out the money if it's gonna cost a load more and not solve the problem...

The mechanic couldn't find any problems? But when I mentioned the MAF he did say this could need changing.

I know this a very common topic on here but it's interesting to hear how others have got on?

Boardboy
21-04-2007, 12:40 AM
richiebarthez if you are going to replace the MAF diconnect the battery for about two hours so the ECU will forget the settings from your old MAF.
When you've replaced MAF the ECU will re-learn its settings, you don't have to mess with the ECU.
Regards Boardboy

moloko
26-04-2007, 10:15 PM
check flea bay(e-bay for air mass sensor or maf) audi dealers replace these as a service item @ 50,000 miles , so they know there is a problem,however look at how many other manafacturers use this item from bosch and also realise its a possible loss of power problem.hope this is not a liable comment