PDA

View Full Version : removing seats

johnxl1s
17-04-2007, 10:52 AM
i have a golf gttdi with the seat lever faulty/snapped, are they hard to remove and replace
john

Big_E
17-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Hi John, Easiest way is to move the seat it's self. You can then access the lever mechanism it's self to replace it. Around 30 mins job mate.

johnxl1s
17-04-2007, 12:04 PM
thanks ed

is the part easy to come by

john

Big_E
17-04-2007, 12:08 PM
I am not sure on the part it's self from VW. I am sure Crasher would be able to give you the Product Code and price for the replacment lever and mechanism(s).

Alternativly you can try a breakers yard see if they have one, second hand like but if it works, it works.

johnxl1s
17-04-2007, 12:10 PM
thanks
john

johnxl1s
17-04-2007, 12:51 PM
I am not sure on the part it's self from VW. I am sure Crasher would be able to give you the Product Code and price for the replacment lever and mechanism(s).

Alternativly you can try a breakers yard see if they have one, second hand like but if it works, it works.

who is crasher

john

bora(ing) nick
17-04-2007, 01:07 PM

Think your getting your forums mixed up.... Theres a guy called crasher on volkswagenforum.co.uk and he knows everything!!

Nick

BTW if were talkin about the same guy, we've definately got too much in common! lol

johnxl1s
17-04-2007, 01:58 PM
thanks

posted on the other site .
lets hope crasher reads it
john

Big_E
17-04-2007, 02:32 PM
Oh How Embarassing is that. I spent a lot of time on another VW forum as Nick mentiond. I get lost sometime on which one I use.

John, I am sure you'll get an answer in more depth from "Crasher" who runs the other site. he knows everything there is to know about Golfs and most VW's.

Sorry I couldn't be any more help here.

( How embarassing getting my forums mixed up )

johnxl1s
17-04-2007, 02:36 PM
no problem

jon

xxwhippetxx
14-02-2008, 09:48 PM

Has anyone been able to get the Product Code/Part number and price for the replacement lever and mechanism?

xxwhippetxx
14-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Has anyone been able to get the Product Code/Part number and price for the replacement lever and mechanism?

xxwhippetxx
14-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Ne luck finding the part code?