PDA

View Full Version : Vag com help! Golf mk4 alarm problem

GtTdi 365lb/ft
14-08-2009, 04:21 PM
My alarm kept going off on my 2002 asz MK4 golf PD130. I checked the boot lid for leaks and I had no wet patches, nor did any warning lights about 'luggage compartment' open come on (and havent since). When I lock the car, all the lights go off, and I havent had any problems with any of the locks / lights at all. I thought it might be a microswitch somewhere first, so I bought a cable with vagcom 409-1 shareware to tell me where the fault lies.
I have recently learnt the difference between this version and the 805 shareware, but i now have the software, and the problem still! (I didnt think that I was buying a 'rip-off' version, and i dont think that i have, but I really wont want to upset a software developer who has spent many days and nights neglecting his family in favor of binary code...)

So, as it stands...

ive looked through the menus and havent found a single fault code. When I access the (25) IMMOBILSER - option, I find the controller, but get no faults. When I access (35) CENTRAL LOCKING - I get no controller. The Central Convience box seems to be in working order also.

I was under the impression that I could find the cause of my alarm going off via the Vagcom, where do i look? can it be done?

kenney
14-08-2009, 08:00 PM
you can not access the central locking module as this is part of the CCU.The measured block values in the CCU,ch 16 (i think) shows the item or items which have activated the alarm the last 4 times.An item whch activates the alarm does not always show up as a fault code

GtTdi 365lb/ft
14-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Ok, Ive run the diagnostic on the ccu (no 42), then requested measure block 016 and have had the following readout

32 - 32 - 32 - 17 - in that order.

Would anyone know what these numbers correspond to?

<<The number 32 in the control module list refers to a 'differential lock'. Ive got a two wheel drive, with a standard box and diff, so that doesnt seem right. (I doubt the ASR has anything to do with it, even though the light comes on at least once a journey due to my right foot, its has never given me any probems and turns on and off as i please - also i thought the ASR sorts from the ecu, not the diff)
17 refers to instuments, which sounds a bit more likely, but is at the end of the list.
I think I may be barking up the wrong tree with what these numbers refer to.>>

kenney
14-08-2009, 10:24 PM
the numbers indicated have nothing to do with the diff lock or the instrument,i can not idientify them off hand,and can not do so before i get back to work omn Monday

kenney
15-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Interior monitoring is 32 and 17 is the immobilizer