PDA

View Full Version : golf4 v6 4motion error code 01279

hoggy
14-08-2009, 11:20 AM
as title i have been getting the esp & abs lights up on the dash last few days so put my code reader on and got 01279 g force sensor?????
any one help me out with this

bearthebruce
14-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Ross-Tech Wiki: 01279 (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/01279)

Awesome_Andy
14-08-2009, 03:35 PM
01279 - Longitudinal Acceleration Sensor (G251): Implausible Signal
-Possible Symptoms
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) active

-Possible Causes
Longitudinal Acceleration Sensor (G251) Calibration not performed
Wiring/Connectors from/to Longitudinal Acceleration Sensor (G251) faulty

-Possible Solutions
Check Longitudinal Acceleration Sensor (G251)
Use Measuring Value Blocks (MVB) to check Sensor Signal for plausibility
Check Installation Position of Longitudinal Acceleration Sensor (G251)
Perform Longitudinal Acceleration Sensor (G251) Calibration
See Vehicle specific Diagnostic Procedures
Check Wiring/Connectors from/to Longitudinal Acceleration Sensor (G251)

bearthebruce
14-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Awesome Andy,

It is nice that you know how to copy and paste from the Ross-Tech Wiki. It would be much more proper to acknowledge the source.

I did link to that exact trouble code in the Wiki in my last post.

Remember that Copyright rules do apply to forum posts. It is better to send the requester to the source rather than copy without acknowledgment of the source.

Awesome_Andy
14-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Sorry Bruce, i thought it covered the possible cause of the fault within that section. I do apologise for not quoting the source, i'll bear that in mind in the future. The link that i saw come from what had been posted by yourself was a link to a picture regarding the location and reference of the Lambda probes etc, which wasn't linked to his acceleration sensor fault. So i thought it may have been a slight mistake and added some details that may give the guy some direction in where the fault is from and the route to take to try and rectify it.

hoggy
14-08-2009, 09:29 PM
thanks for the replies where can i find this Longitudinal Acceleration Sensor on a golf4 v6 4motion ???

bearthebruce
15-08-2009, 03:34 AM
Awesome Andy, my bad! I didn't check my link. Sorry for that. I must have been interupted while typing and copy links. At least that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it! Still, we think it is best to help others learn where to go to find the info and to acknowledge the source. I would ask that this be done for all reference info as it should help people find other info they may be looking for.

Well, again, my apology. I will edit the link and put the right one there.

towcestervag
15-08-2009, 04:09 AM
the sensor you need is fitted to the steering column
its a 2 part unit 1 section does lateral g
the other does longtitudal g

Awesome_Andy
17-08-2009, 09:58 AM
As above :)