PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Jetta 1.9 TDI Warm Start Problem

MrXee
14-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Just bought (2 weeks ago) 2006 Jetta TDI, only 55,000 km but over the last week have noticed that the car shakes a little at lights and when stopped in traffic? Just two days ago the car took a long time to start. Happened today also. I have noticed that it starts fine in the morning or when cold but when its hot it cranks for ages. Brought it back to the dealer but they did not find anything. Anyone have any ideas. Its my first VW and I am a slight bit disappointed..

Also I have noticed that it is using alot more fuel, got 510km out of half a tank, got 1/4 a tank left and done only 150km roughly.....

monsigna
19-08-2010, 07:44 PM
most of you will know that im new to the v'dub scene, but it sounds like the air flow sensor to me, not sure where abouts it would be on the TDi but most modern cars have them on or around the air induction system (air cleaner) my old merc had this problem, it would not start from cold because the air flow meter was giving duff readings, hence the wrong fuel/air mixture. the same would happen when the car was warm/hot. its like driving with the choke on (if your old enough to remember manual choke :p) hence more fuel used/rough running etc...

im probably totally wrong....but its worth a punt.

kind regards ade.