PDA

View Full Version : New Member needs help

Scotty Dave
16-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Hi, rear wash wipe on my 94 80 Avant stopped working. NO wash or wipe, fault was inttermitant at first then stopped altogether, anyone have any idea where the relay is so I can check it cant find any blown fuse in fusebox. Thanks

RJS_90q
16-04-2007, 10:43 PM
Not sure about the relay.
However, probably worth checking for broken wires as the cables enter the tailgate. The saloon cars often have problems with broken wires in their boot, I would expect that the estate cars have similar issues.

Hope that this helps,
Bob

mexicoboys
13-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Hi,
i have a 94 Tdi avant and the rear wipers packed up
same problem with the washers
i replaced the wiper stalk with a new one from a VW Dealer cost 80 Euro about 50 Pounds and wiper and washers have been find
the stalk can be changed over in about 10 minutes
john
aka Mexicoboys

Scotty Dave
13-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Thanks
I've managed to get them working again, Squirted WD40 in to the switch and wiggled it about must have cleaned the contacts inside. Dont use to much though as a lot of current must go through it, I gave mine a second squirt for good measure and it started to SMOKE!!! scared the hell out of me:biglaugh: , alright now since it dried out. Just got to sort my heater now.

Dave

Ozaudi80
08-11-2008, 07:23 PM
Thanks
I've managed to get them working again, Squirted WD40 in to the switch and wiggled it about must have cleaned the contacts inside. Dont use to much though as a lot of current must go through it, I gave mine a second squirt for good measure and it started to SMOKE!!! scared the hell out of me:biglaugh: , alright now since it dried out. Just got to sort my heater now.

Dave

Did you squirt the wiper switch? or other?

Scotty Dave
09-11-2008, 12:01 AM
Squirted it into the switch, guess it gets dirty contacts.

Dave