PDA

View Full Version : V6 2.8 Questions

Fettler
16-04-2007, 08:59 PM
A couple of questions for the techies out there, firstly which Vag-Com for my car and where do i buy one from?
Secondly i want to tow my caravan with this car and was wondering where and which springs to fit to the rear? at the moment it has lowered sports springs on all four corners.
Whoops forgot to say car is G Reg 100 2.8 V6 Auto saloon.:D

Niall76
17-04-2007, 09:34 PM
Not sure about Vag-COM

But, you can buy 'spring assistors' which you fit into your existing springs. Not expensive either.

If you're doing a lot of towing though I'd get a set made up specially. I can get springs made to spec for about £40 per corner.

Fettler
17-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Not sure about Vag-COM

But, you can buy 'spring assistors' which you fit into your existing springs. Not expensive either.

If you're doing a lot of towing though I'd get a set made up specially. I can get springs made to spec for about £40 per corner.

Niall76

Thanks for reply, will be making ultimate decision this weekend as to if this is to be the tow car or not (as i work away from home through the week)If it is will let you know as will be towing to southern Spain fully loaded 4 adults 4 Berth Caravan and more than likley roofrack with 4 Mountain Bikes:D :D :D So would be a good load for the old girl.

How would i Know the spec of springs to order or is that your Dept??

Niall76
18-04-2007, 01:46 PM
No problem, for the springs you need to know how much weight you'll be pulling and then how hard do you want them?