PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Query

Foringo
12-08-2009, 07:04 PM
One of the reasons I went for the folding mirror option is so that I can quickly retract them when negotiating tight spaces. Unfortunately the interlock prevents the mirrors retracting when on the move which is a bit irritating. Can this interlock be disabled by the Dealer and if so, will it be mega-bucks:confused:

Also the rotary switch that controls the mirror has a horrible cheap action which feels like it going to break...are they all the same?

My Citroen C4 Picasso dips its mirrors when reversing so that you can see the kerb....quite a basic feature surprised my A4 doesn't do it too.

Jop
12-08-2009, 07:07 PM
My Citroen C4 Picasso dips its mirrors when reversing so that you can see the kerb....quite a basic feature surprised my A4 doesn't do it too.
My A4 does something like this, but Im not too sure what. I dont know if its when I switch the mirror knob to the left had wing mirror, or when its in reverse.. or both.

Try it on yours, go into reverse and then select the left hand wing mirror.

Plife
12-08-2009, 08:30 PM
This comes with the memory function, although can be activated via VAG COM.