PDA

View Full Version : New iPhone 3GS

SpinneyA6
12-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Hi,

My phone contract is up at the end of this month and I'm thinking about getting one of these. I currently have an LG Viewty and there are some compatability issues with the BT phone kit i.e. it wouldn't up load the phonebook.

Does anyone currently use on of these and are there any known issues with the BT phone system?

Many thanks

Pike6709
12-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi there,

I have an iPhone 3GS with a factory fitted BT prep in my A4 - it works fine.

Hope this helps.

SpinneyA6
13-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Cheers Pike,

I've not been able to find much info. online about it's compatability with BT devices. I know the original iPhone had loads of BT compatability issues and my brothers BMW BT prep has difficulty with his iPhone 3G.

Hopefully this has been sorted with the 3Gs

oDUTCHYo
15-08-2009, 08:38 PM
I got an iPhone 3Gs last week,

Should get my A6 back from the Audi ******** on monday, been wanting to give it a compatibility run!! - Hope it works ok...

....can you play music through it do ya think??....

i will try it all out and post my findings! - phone is awesome, by the way!!!:beerchug:

oDUTCHYo
15-08-2009, 08:39 PM
????!!! why did the forum blank out the word " S T E A L E R S" !!!????

Its not a 'rude' word as far as i'm aware!!??? :zx11:

MFGF
18-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Hi,

I'm sure I remember reading a post specifying that dealers should not be referred to this way. I just looked through the forum rules section and couldn't find it again though. I'm sure a site Administrator will confirm (or correct me if I'm mistaken) and will probably be able to point you to the relevant post.

Regards,

MF.

oDUTCHYo
18-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Oops!! sorry (my bad!)

Anyways, I got my A6 back today and hooked up the iPhone with no problems at all!!

Just to clarify, I have A6 Quattro S-Line Avant (2007) with an iPhone 3GS.

I did find a step by step guide somewhere...I will try to find it and pass on a link.....

oDUTCHYo
18-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Hi,

Here is the link that I mentioned. There is a PDF from Audi that show you how to sync the iPhone up with Audi cars.

I used it and it worked first time! Happy days.

The car does read the contacts without any problems.

I would guess that updating your MMI software helps, I run version 5570. I know that there were updates for the BT and phone prep. on the latest version (5570)

http://audiforum.us/installations/7706-audi-iphone-preparation-audi-bluetooth-iphone.html

:beerchug:

SpinneyA6
19-08-2009, 01:44 PM
Cheers Dutchy,

I upgraded the MMI software to 5570 a couple of weeks back to see if it would solve the problems with the LG phone but it did nothing. iPhone it is then :D:D

P.S. There was a post about dealers/steal but I'm unable to find it either. Seems to have gone since the site was updated. I tried to search fo it but nothing came up.

oDUTCHYo
19-08-2009, 09:50 PM
No Problem Spinney,

Happy to help!

:beerchug:

jubbly
03-12-2009, 02:57 PM
I have the a6 3.0 quattro with the phone prep in centre console, I had a iPhone 3g and now a 3gs, both worked without problems before and after I upgraded the mmi firmware.

I don't have the iPhone cradle, though I would like to get it.