PDA

View Full Version : audi 100 2.6 v6 avant questions

v6chris
16-04-2007, 05:41 PM
i have bought one of these about 2 months ago. great car.

any ideas what sort of performance they are? 0-60, 1/4 mile etc.

what other audi parts are interchangeable with these to get it a little more powerful as im used to a 230bhp polo g40.

gotta say this is the smoothest car i have ever driven. probably helped by the fact that its an auto.

is there anyway of using a turbo off another audi or vw to fit this and will i have to do anything else other than lower the compression etc.

thanks in advance

v6chris
26-04-2007, 12:49 AM
nice welcome i have had anyway:1zhelp: :(

Huweth
26-04-2007, 01:53 AM
Oooh sorry. I guess no-one noticed your first message. Don't worry, it happens a lot, especially if there were a lot of posts at the same time that push yours further down the list.
Welcome to VWAF!
As for your questions I don't actually know the car, but I would guess it would be 0-60 in about 8secs and 1/4 mile in 14? Like I said, I'm guessing!
I would also hazard a guess that you can fit a turbo, possibly to where an aircon compressor would be, but you'd need new manifolds and all the boost control equipment, plus a lot of other bits. Seems like it would be a lot of work. This site isn't great for big performance mods like that, it's more for problem solving stuff.
Let us know what you do, and help out where you can in the forums!
Huw

v6chris
26-04-2007, 07:09 PM
cheers huweth,

i didnt think it would that quick on 1/4 mile and 0-60

i was thinking more around 17 sec 1/4 and 10-11 sec 0-60

i will always help others out from the little knowledge i know. i work in a hydraulics company(always handy for little bits etc, plus can use a small sand blasting machine to clean up my car bits) and im also a modile dj at weekends

Huweth
26-04-2007, 10:20 PM
cheers huweth,

i didnt think it would that quick on 1/4 mile and 0-60

i was thinking more around 17 sec 1/4 and 10-11 sec 0-60

i will always help others out from the little knowledge i know. i work in a hydraulics company(always handy for little bits etc, plus can use a small sand blasting machine to clean up my car bits) and im also a modile dj at weekends

Oh well, I was way off on the times. :( I guess it musr be a heavy beast.
Your expertise could come in handy here as I don't think we have any hydraulics people. As for being a DJ, maybe one day when our meets get big you could do the music!

v6chris
27-04-2007, 01:22 AM
i can make up any hydraulic/oil type of pipe as long as i know the pressure and what kind of ends you need.

as for music. all depends where your meets are. im in south wales:beerchug:

Huweth
27-04-2007, 01:45 AM
I'm from South Wales originally. Newbridge in Gwent. You?

v6chris
28-04-2007, 12:40 AM
from neath but living in port talbot now