PDA

View Full Version : A6 Flasher Relay removal

davej
16-04-2007, 04:29 PM
I have a 2000 A6 with a failed flasher/hazard switch. Hazards work but flashers intermittant/not at all. Have ordered new from Vagparts but after removing the trim around the switch can't see how to press the tabs in to release the switch. Any clues please.
Thanks/Dave

davej
19-04-2007, 12:43 PM
I can answer this myself now. With new switch in hand it becomes clear that the sprung side tabs do not locate anywhere but are sprung to create a friction tight fit. After removing the trim, big pliers across the bottom two points of the triangle and pull to remove the switch.
Could be 5 minute job knowing this for future reference.
I was given a red herring from audiforums.com suggesting removing the cup holder and chewey tray you can access the back of the hazard switch and the securing clips - Do not do this, although the trays come out easy enough, you can't see anything, or maybe the US model is different but can't see it.

v6avant
27-04-2009, 06:25 PM
I have a 2000 A6 with a failed flasher/hazard switch. Hazards work but flashers intermittant/not at all. Have ordered new from Vagparts but after removing the trim around the switch can't see how to press the tabs in to release the switch. Any clues please.
Thanks/Dave

Hi,

I have a 99 A6 with excact same prob - picked up a new flasher relay today from Edinburgh Audi, thought - I'll just pop it in while i'm here, thinking the same as you about the tabs - anyway - the Audi dude said it was a pain in the *** too - apparantly the plier technique is the way according to Audi too.

Unfortunately i aint tried yet - thought i'd check the forum out first.

...:beerchug: