PDA

View Full Version : Audi A6

djg
16-04-2007, 04:12 PM
:zx11: I have an Audi A6 2.0 se tdi Multitronic on contract hire for two years.
A problem occured when the car was stalling in reverse (my husband said
I am the only woman to stall an automatic car).
It went into the garage for an software update and since then the revs are 1200 going down to 1000 and the car is very hesitant to pull away it was so bad the chap from the garage came to pick the car up and complained to the garage that the car was dangerous.
The car has been in the garage 9 weeks and Audi have advised me that it will be another eight weeks before an update is available.
The car Audi have given me to drive is an avant and this also cuts out in reverse.

Has anybody else had a problem with either of these faults.

PhilR
16-04-2007, 04:17 PM
I have the same car (an 07) and haven't had a problem with it stalling. It has felt like it's going to stall a few times when the car's relatively cold and I've put it in neutral, but it hasn't done so....yet. Basically the revs have been jumping about a bit between 700 and 900, but it seems to have settled down.

How old is the car? Can you hand it back under the sale of good act as a faulty car? May be worth dropping whatcar? a line as this sounds like it would be right up their street. Attention of the motoring press generally seems to concentrate the manufacturers mind.

Good luck.

djg
16-04-2007, 05:08 PM
Hi

Thanks for that just e mailed what car. Mine is 56 and when I picked it up it was runnung the same revs as yours the problem occured when it went in for the update.

The car I have at the moment is from Audi customer care ( a joke) and they want this car back to day or they will start charging me.

The garage have offered me an A4 but I have pointed out to my contract hire company that unless they reduce the payments I will not accept this as I am paying for an A6.

The garage have advised me not to have the car back as it is unsafe Audi customer care said I should be driving it!!!!!!

I will think again about having another audi

PhilR
16-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Sounds like an interesting experience. I would seek out the senior guy at Audi UK and write to him personally as it seems daft that your dealer and Audi Customer Care are at odds with each other.

I've never had any major problems, but my last A6 did suffer from quite a lot of minor problems that I put down to the fact that it was one of the first of a brand new car.

Good luck - would be interested to hear how you get on