PDA

View Full Version : Another new owner

daveenty
10-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Hi there.

New to this forum (and VAG in general) having deserted from Mercedes.

Just bought a 2007 S8 V10 FSI. 19,000 miles one owner, though a clumsy one by the looks of it. Nothing serious, just niggly bits.

Anyway, I promise to have a good read through before I ask silly questions, though I think the MMI section may keep me occupied for a while. ;)

Thanks for having me, now going for a mooch around the forum.

sr-performance
11-08-2009, 08:16 AM
Hi Mate, and welcome, you should find plenty to occupy yourself on here....and when you want a remap give us a shout......:beerchug:

daveenty
11-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Thanks Steve,

Don't think I'll bother with the remap yet, loads of other stuff to sort out, mainly firmware upgrades and a service.

If I do go that route though I'll certainly remember your details :)

Incidentally, don't think you'll manage to get a lot out of it will you? I wouldn't have thought another 20 or so horses and a few extra lbs of torque would make a lot of difference, especially with my non-spirited (read boring) driving.

sr-performance
11-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Hiya mate,
15 bhp/25nm torque, not massive but does make it more responsive...:beerchug:

Norman vwp
12-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Hi there.

New to this forum (and VAG in general) having deserted from Mercedes.

Just bought a 2007 S8 V10 FSI. 19,000 miles one owner, though a clumsy one by the looks of it. Nothing serious, just niggly bits.

Anyway, I promise to have a good read through before I ask silly questions, though I think the MMI section may keep me occupied for a while. ;)

Thanks for having me, now going for a mooch around the forum.

Done the same as you had 3 mercs and what a load of crap they are now (Broken springs,many electrical problems and the worst RUST).
I would never touch a Mercedes again I am also on the Mercedes forum which is always very-very busy says it all I think. :zx11:

daveenty
12-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Hi Norman,

I also had three of them, and am/was on MB forums. ;)

1997 W210 E320 As you say, a total rot box.

2001 W208 CLK320 Just never got on with this one for some reason?

2003 W211 E55 AMG. Loved it, still miss it, but the worry of something going wrong was always there.

The Audi seems to be fine so far It's asking for a service in a couple of weeks, though only done 3,500 miles since the last one but it was 18 months ago.

Be good to see what the customer service is like, as I had a few problems with Mercedes.

Anyone know what Audi Bolton (my nearest) are like?

Norman vwp
12-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Hi Dave
I am still on the Mercedes forum as well because there is some handy information on there sometimes and I always found the guys very helpfull.

Regards your service light I quite like that ideal of time factor as well .

Hope you enjoy your car I have just got rid of a Lexus GS300 lovely car but they drink petrol,now have a very nice 1 owner Volkswagen 1.9 Highline TDI leather seats etc. and sixty plus to the gallon (Lovely) and very fast for a diesel.

Norman :D

daveenty
12-08-2009, 10:59 AM
I have just got rid of a Lexus GS300 lovely car but they drink petrol

Try an E55 or even this Audi V10 I've got for fuel. :yikes:

now have a very nice 1 owner Volkswagen 1.9 Highline TDI leather seats etc. and sixty plus to the gallon (Lovely) and very fast for a diesel.

Norman :D

Nice one.
I don't do diesels (I know, I know) My excuse is that I don't do the miles any more so go for big daft petrol engined things. :biggthump

eta: Sorry about the avatar, memories :)

sr-performance
12-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Most cars have a yearly service indicator that lets you know when it wants servicing regardless of mileage....:beerchug:

daveenty
12-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Cheers Steve,

Realised that, (last one did it also) just didn't expect it after owning it less than a fortnight. :(

Still, least I can get it in and get any bits done under warranty :)