PDA

View Full Version : A4 Avant - What to look for in a purchase??

audi-boy
16-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Hi guys, I'm new on here and am looking into buying an Audi A4 Avant.

Would any of you be kind enough to offer some advice?

I currently have a BMW 530i Sport and am looking for something a bit more fuel economical, plus I just like the look of the Audi Avant. :approve:

I am looking to spend £9K, but maybe upto £10K for the right car.

I need a TDi, can be either a 2.5, but preferably the 1.9. I have a Golf with the TDi150 engine which is awesome, so happy with that engine choice. I want a Sport model - gotta look good on the outside!! Quattro is a bonus. I assume an 02/52 plate. Most seem to have high miles.

What can I get for my money? What should I look out for?

I saw this on autotrader, is this a good example? Should I worry about the mileage (114K)

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.jsp?searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=none&sort=3&hassearched=Y&make=AUDI&min_pr=8000&source=0&model=A4+AVANT&max_pr=10000&miles=10&agerange=2&mileage=&postcode=hp7+0aa&variant=&bodyid=0&trim=&fuelid=0&colour=&transmissionid=0&keywords=&ukcarsearch_full.x=47&ukcarsearch_full.y=2

3rd one down......

audi-boy
20-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Someone must have some opinions surely??

sooty
20-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Hi mate I know its very late but did you manage to find what you was looking for?

I just changed my E39 too in December to a Passat Diesel... Man those 5 series could gulp down some petrol, even if you took it easy!

rhencullen1989
20-01-2008, 11:26 PM
Hi, the s-line avant looks really nice, they do them in the 1.9 diesel (i'm a petrol head myself, 1.8T for me) you get deeper front and rear spoilers (not boy racerish at all) a little roof spoiler on the avant, half leather, 18" 5 spoke alloys, more stuff inside possibly bose sound system, driver display system, etc, its worth a look although you will pay a slight premium. Higher miles not really a problem, but hang on for a low miler, one will turn up with low miles sooner or later.

sooty
21-01-2008, 08:25 AM
I agree,
The S-Lines are a bit more money but you get a LOT of kit for it