PDA

View Full Version : Exeo MP3 question

G8AMB
10-08-2009, 03:35 PM
The new Exeo looks like good value for money. I have a 2006 A4 at the moment so I know the car quite well.

I have the DVD sat nav in mine and the ability to load MP3s onto SD cards.
This is great because with a couple of 2GB cards I can get quite a library of music in my car which I can select by artist name etc. I also have the factory fit ipod option which imitates a CD multichanger. This gets quite a bit of use, but is disappointing because no track info is displayed; just CD1, Track2 etc.

The base spec of the exeo includes a USB interface for loading MP3 audio.

Has anybody used one of these yet. I am wondering if track information (artist, title, etc.) is displayed on the non-satnav head end or indeed if the sat nav is fitted. Also does the optional iPod interface provide track info.

I don't really want to pay for the expensive satnav option again - as I much prefer my TomTom with it's speed cameras, regularly updated maps and smart routes feature.

EXEO ST SE
30-12-2009, 02:57 PM
I have just taken delivery of an Exeo ST SE 143bhp 2.0 TDI in standard spec, and I was very interested in the USB fitted in the glove box.

From what I can understand from the little time I have been able to spend on this, it would seem to be exactly the system where the head unit detects it instead of the multi changer. I am using a high speed USB 2 memory stick with a 2GB capacity. I have uploaded about 120 tracks at 320mbps and I still have about 600mb left on the stick.

I would have liked the name, track and artist information, but as you can programme up to 6 playlist, each corresponding to a 'disc', I will take a genre for each. As the only music on each will be of my own choice, I should get a good selection on there.

I've also got a 16GB stick, but not had a chance to try that yet.

Hope this is of some help