PDA

View Full Version : MK4 Central Locking and Alarm fault

richjthorpe
16-04-2007, 01:24 PM
Hi all,

I've got a GT TDI on an 'S' plate that recently had an engine swap for a brand new engine under the insurance.

When we got the car back, the alarm wouldn't deactivate and the central locking wouldn't work. The garage (Independant) said that the battery in the fob needed replacing. I've done this but it doesn't deactivate the alarm or the central locking.

The garage disconnected the Alarm Siren so the car can be driven but every time we open the dorr, the indicators flash for about 30 seconds. Also, the battery keep draining every 36-48 hours.

Does the keyfob need synchronising again? Is there a fuse that's burnt out? Is there a module that's stopped working?

Any ideas please !!

Thanks,

Richie.

Eshrules
16-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Hi all,

I've got a GT TDI on an 'S' plate that recently had an engine swap for a brand new engine under the insurance.

When we got the car back, the alarm wouldn't deactivate and the central locking wouldn't work. The garage (Independant) said that the battery in the fob needed replacing. I've done this but it doesn't deactivate the alarm or the central locking.

The garage disconnected the Alarm Siren so the car can be driven but every time we open the dorr, the indicators flash for about 30 seconds. Also, the battery keep draining every 36-48 hours.

Does the keyfob need synchronising again? Is there a fuse that's burnt out? Is there a module that's stopped working?

Any ideas please !!

Thanks,

Richie.

ok, your first paragraph is all i need to refer to... the repair was completed under insurance... the car should be returned to its state before whatever happend, no less... that is the garages responsibility and the insurance. the insurance will not be happy to hear the alarm is not working as it ought to and could actually void your current insurance.

my advice.... get on the phone to your insurance, explain the situation and tell them that you need the situation rectifying immediatley. the garage should never have deactivated the siren, they should have fixed the fault. :Blush: