PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

ßÛŠΤΞЯ
08-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Hi all, I'm ßÛŠΤΞЯ / Pete

from sunny stoke. just bought myself an Audi a6 tdi that started to smoke its bag off on the way home from collection.
Hoping to find out the cause here if possible and im looking for idea's on styling of how to mod her once its fixed.

cheers

sr-performance
08-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Hi mate, welcome.. depends on colour of smoke etc, could be turbo or egr valve or just a pipe thats come off.. hope it's something simple mate, not good when you have only just bought it...:beerchug:

ßÛŠΤΞЯ
08-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Hi mate, welcome.. depends on colour of smoke etc, could be turbo or egr valve or just a pipe thats come off.. hope it's something simple mate, not good when you have only just bought it...:beerchug:

It was the last thing i needed mate to be honest, thanks for the welcome ;)

sr-performance
08-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Hope it's summat simple mate....:beerchug:

ßÛŠΤΞЯ
09-08-2009, 03:35 AM
i hope its something simple too mate, the smoke is a thick grey and it smells like its burning all the time under acceleration. It also backfired on me earlier aswell :(

sr-performance
09-08-2009, 09:58 AM
I would take it and have it checked properly mate, just in case it's worse than it seems.. doesn't sound good though to be honest. better finding it now than have it destroy engine at worst case scenario...

ßÛŠΤΞЯ
11-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Its at the garage today bud, there is a lot of preasure inside the engine whilst running, it sounds like a fizzy bottle of pop opening when you unscrew the oil cap. i was wondering if there may be a breather filter of some kind that i should check ?
If not then the turbo is deffo knackered because there is oil in the exhaust but before i replace the turbo i would like to sort out the preasuring issue out or ill end up with the same problem i reckon.

sr-performance
11-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Heyup mate,
Give these lads a ring, very helpfull and are excellent with anything audi, they should be able to tell you where breather is ect..

www.maintainyouraudi.co.uk (http://www.maintainyouraudi.co.uk)

01246 811271

ßÛŠΤΞЯ
11-08-2009, 04:02 PM
sorted thanks bud, just waiting for my filter to arrive now :(