PDA

View Full Version : CD Changer

nickynibbles
15-04-2007, 10:09 PM
Anyone have ideas regarding cd-changer options for conecting to the Concert single cd-head unit? Are aftermarket options available at all as im sure they'd be cheaper!!

nicfw
16-04-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm trying to sort a changer out for my car at the moment. It was advertised by the trader as having this as oneof the options but the changer had been taken out of the glove box when I collected the car.

Audi dealers have told me that for my car - A4 Avant 2002 - the changer was only ever fitted in the glove box. For the saloon, I gather it could also be fitted behind a panel on the left side of the boot. So those are the official places to fit a changer.

As for other changers that might work with the Concert head, you will need to check electrical and physical compatability. Different standards you see between manufacturers as to how they get their head 'controller' units to communicate with their respective changers never mind that even if the plugs fit from one into the other, the wiring may well be different.

If you find an atermarket changer that works with the concert head, please post details on here. Good luck

nickynibbles
16-04-2007, 10:06 PM
I've only ever seen the one fitted in the glove box which think is nice & neat, would prefer that if I could get my hands on one! Had an A3 courtesy car recently that had it fitted and was so tempted to un-fit it before handing the car back but my law abiding sensability kicked in on the way to the tool box! The hunt will continue then....................

spainy
16-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Have a skoda unit which appears to be the same as the audi one minus the audi sign. Will update once I've tested the skoda one was much cheaper than audi and the cd lead was just over ten quid from audi. All I need now is a spare hour to test my theory?

spainy
10-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Skoda CD changer works!!
I bought the lead from Audi and it came with a set of instructions on how to plug wires into the plug in the back of the radio. Lead was only £20 and the changer came from my local Skoda dealer for less than £100 all in I have a stock look CD changer in and running.

nickynibbles
11-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Spainy your a hero! Makes sense i suppose to save costs across the group, do you think they fit them to Lambo's too??!!! Think im taking a shopping trip to my local Skoda garage very very soon. Wonder what other cool parts we can swap about between Audi's, VW's & Skoda's? Any idea's?

n_c
18-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Does anyone know the part number for the Skoda CD-changer (Spainy?), and does it look exactly the same as the Audi one? There was a used Audi changer on eBay that I missed as I was trying to put in a bid at the last second and had forgotten to log in. That went for £80 though so if new Skoda ones are available for less than £100 I may as well go down that route.

I've already got the glovebox with the slots in for the changer.

Thanks for any advice
:beerchug:

kiptaylor
18-08-2008, 10:21 PM
stafford audi were selling them on ebay for £99.99 a while back(old stock)might be worth a look.can't remember what user name they were using though.
regards, kip

Woorlord
18-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Anyone have ideas regarding cd-changer options for conecting to the Concert single cd-head unit? Are aftermarket options available at all as im sure they'd be cheaper!!

Soon after I bought my A4 back in 2003, I installed a SONY CDX-T70MX changer. I purchased this with an interface unit to work with the Audi Concert II head unit which had a single CD slot. This is no ordinary CD changer thou - for it's time it could also play MP3 CD's!!

I now use my Video i-pod (30GB) through my RNS-E which also offers me video capability for films etc.. I also have loads of tunes on 2GB SD cards - hence the reason for removing the CD changer when I installed the RNS-E headunit.

Would love the CD changer inc. Audi interface & custom brackets to go to a good Audi home.
I have added some pictures of it installed in my car prior to removal. You will need to cut the back out of the glovebox to make it fit (easy with a 12" hacksaw blade) - it is the correct height to fit the top slot where the OEM changer would go.
Been meaning to list it on Fleabay - just have not got around to it.
Open to reasonable offers if anybody is interested??
:approve: