PDA

View Full Version : 1993 Audi 100 2.5TDI - Clutch Problem

BillN
07-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Hi

new to the Forum

I have a problem with my 100 2.5TDI estate which I have had from new

The clutch pedal has flopped to the floor. The car has not been used for a year.
If I pump it I get enough pressure to be able to get the car into gear when it is running and it drives fine, but the "biting point" is right at the bottom.
It also return some life to the peddle and returns to the top of its travel

Presumably the car has an hydraulic clutch system
Is there a slave and a master cylinder system..or does it work off the brake master cylinder with a clutch slave.

How do I get to it - I cannot see anything from the engine compartment and or from inside the car.

There does not appear to be any leaks - what do you think the problem is - slave or master.

I always though the car had a cable clutch

Any advice really appreciated

Cheers

Bill

kenney
07-08-2009, 12:46 PM
I think there is air in the system,50-50 chance it is either the master cyl or the slave cyl,always hard to decide.The clutch master cyl is on the pedal bracket,the slave cyl is on top of the gearbox.You could try bleeding it first

BillN
07-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Thanks Kenny

how do I get to the master cyl - from inside the car? - do I have to take all the dash off

Presumably I will see the slave if I get under the car?

kenney
07-08-2009, 01:47 PM
the pedal bracket is the part the clutch pedal and brake pedal are fitted to.the slave cyl,is accessed from the engine bay

BillN
07-08-2009, 02:07 PM
the pedal bracket is the part the clutch pedal and brake pedal are fitted to.the slave cyl,is accessed from the engine bay

All I see in the engine bay is the big servo with brake master cyl

If I remove the plastic cover under the screen in the Engine bay.I do not see any clutch "gubbins" either

Do you want me to post a photo so that you can indicate where I should look

I am reasonably mechanically minded and have usually worked on my own cars - so I know what I am looking for

kenney
07-08-2009, 02:30 PM
better i send you the info send your e-mail address

BillN
07-08-2009, 02:42 PM
I have to have 5 posts

BillN
07-08-2009, 02:43 PM
I have to have 5 post - now I should be able to send my email address

Thanks - as I am in France and trying to sort the car out