PDA

View Full Version : Passat Votex Alarm

nacoya
20-01-2006, 01:11 PM
Hi everyone,

first post...........

my b5 1998 1.8T has a Votex alarm system fitted (whether this is the factory fit or not i don't know). I don't have any documentation as to how it works or what the indicator flash combinations and horn represent etc. Also the gearbox was removed prior to me getting the car for a replacement part and i subsequently noticed a small black box which was sitting under the gear stick gaiter was disconnected. It has a potentiometer on it so i think it's either for trimming to get the exact frequency to match the keyfob or it's some kind of sensitivity thing ?

Any ideas?

The alarm has gone off (lights only) a couple of times (not always) recently with the car sitting in the drive and i don't know why (only after i reconnected the box). Also i suspect that the connection the horn might be missing.

(btw where is the horn located on a b5 ? )

Anyway, can anyone give me a link (in english) with info /documentation for votex alarms.

much obliged,

nacoya.

az4nw
11-02-2008, 09:10 PM
I got a 1999 Passat 1.8T auto sport Estate and I got the same problem, when the alarm is triggerd it flashes the lights but no siren/horn. I bought this car recently, Can anyone help with this please. I enabled and disabled the alarm using the alarm key at the back of the car, it beeps according to the manual when disabling and enabling the alarm. but wehn the alarm is triggerd no siren.