PDA

View Full Version : tell me about...... vento tdi

CoupeGt
05-08-2009, 01:21 PM
goin to look at one tonite, its an m reg 1.9. i have no idea what im looking for!!!! any thing i should look out for??? thanks

:D

Crasher
05-08-2009, 01:30 PM
That is a very early 90PS TDI, the engine code should be 1Z. They are non variable geometry turbo’s so don’t pull as hard at low revs as the later Golf 4 90 TDI but the turbo is more reliable and non susceptible to soot build up problems. Camshafts can wear but the noise is obvious but to be honest there are so many points to look out for on a 14-15 year old car I would not know where to start listing them.

CoupeGt
05-08-2009, 01:34 PM
all help is gratefully recieved mate, im more used to looking at rusty cortinas :D

any body work areas i should look at???

Crasher
05-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Front sill to floorpan area just behind the front wings, a very troublesome Golf 3 area due to muppets with trolley jacks bending the sill over which fractures the paint and creates a moisture trap. Rear of the sills in front of the rear wheels can go and up around the filler neck area is a terrible mud trap and causes the whole inner wing and strut top to rot through, a very complex area to repair.