PDA

View Full Version : Question for 73kingstonroad

kavithakrar
05-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Hi there,

Have you had the software update for the S-Tronic box yet?

Notice any difference, has it solved your problem?

Cheers,
Kav

73kingstonroad
05-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Hi there,

Have you had the software update for the S-Tronic box yet?

Notice any difference, has it solved your problem?

Cheers,
Kav

I have spoken to the master tech who is dealing with my problem.
He tells me that he has another Audi (Q5) with the same problem and that this update is the first of two that Audi are working on for the S Tronic gearbox. The other he say's is related to what Audi have called 'vibration' . This may well be for the same problem we are having. This other software update is some way off as yet, so it's a case of sitting and waiting to see what happens.
But I have just got back from a 30 mile run on the motorway after having the S Tronic software updated. Unfortunately it hasn't fixed the problem. I didn't get the full blown power surging / pulsing but it was defiantly there.
I would have to go on a long run to find out for sure as the surging / pulsing varies at times. Sometimes real strong other times hardly noticeable.
Today I found out another way of describing the problem.
Imagine your driving along at a steady pace and you drive through standing water on the road, you don't really slow down but it feels like the power has been taken away from you. That is how it feels to me.
Let me know your thoughts on it.
Martininwillerby

kavithakrar
05-08-2009, 04:48 PM
I don't have the same issue, I basically have the RMP dip slightly when travelling at a constant speed of about 55mph.

Not noticable to the drive or the power, but wandering if that was the same thing you had, I guess not

Kav

73kingstonroad
05-08-2009, 05:43 PM
I don't have the same issue, I basically have the RMP dip slightly when travelling at a constant speed of about 55mph.

Not noticable to the drive or the power, but wandering if that was the same thing you had, I guess not

Kav

Hi...

I think the update I had is for the issue you have.

Ring your dealer and ask.

Martin