PDA

View Full Version : My First A6

Megalos
15-04-2007, 12:50 AM
I've recently ordered the 2007 v6 3.2 quattro, I'm new here and
i wanted to say hello to everyone, and see if anyone has any
positive or negative comments on the car.

I've read many posts and i find others here quite helpful and look
forward to reading any comments.

Thanks...and cheers :beerchug:

PhilR
17-04-2007, 01:59 PM
Generally very good cars. I have had two 2.0 TDis. My first was a 2005 manual, and the most recent one is an 07 multitronic.

The 05 car had numerous minor issues that took the dealer a few goes to fix. The worst was a worn carpet by the foot rest and the auto handbrake jamming on at a roundabout. Other issues were rattles in the dashboard and a couple of MMI issues. However, it was fantastically economical, big, roomy inside and great to drive.

The 07 one has been decent so far, though the multitronic seems to devour the diesel at a much faster rate. It has still had a problem or two, such as a burning smell in the first couple of weeks which seems to have gone, the paddle shift not wanting to shift up despite there being enough revs on the counter and the bluetooth phone preparation going a bit whacky. Not a rattle in sight so far though.

I've had a 2.4 petrol with multi on loan and the fuel consumption was frightening, without having much power. The 3.2 is a stranger to me but I understand that it's an excellent engine.

In short you'll love the space inside (including the boot), the quality of the materials, the excellent dash layout and the MMI. You'll hate dealers telling you that they 'can't replicate the fault'.....

3 friends have E Class mercedes (though one has now swapped for an A6 2.7 TDi Avant) and the Audi is superior in every way. Just looking at the interiors, the A6 knocks the E into next week.

Enjoy.

Megalos
18-04-2007, 03:23 AM
Thanks, PhilR

I appreciate you taking the time to respond.
I suppose that as more people buy this car
there will be more to read about.

Cheers. :beerchug: