PDA

View Full Version : Rear door locked and wont open!!!!!

mickd
04-08-2009, 07:40 PM
My drivers side rear door is locked and ive tried alsorts of things to try and get it open, ive managed to get the door card off but i cant get the metal cover off as it has the bar for the pop up button going through it. I can just about get my fingers to the mechanism but i dont know what to try and move to open the door. Ive checked the wiring and that all bells out ok so there arent any breaks in it, ive tried leaning on the door and trying to open it . Im just stumped now so if anyone has any ideas how im going to get the door open i would be greatful.

turbosnow
23-08-2009, 04:30 PM
I had the same problem with on of mine, the issue was that the outside door handle mechanism had broken. And the child lock was engaged...disabling the inside door release. There is hope, if you look on the other door you can get an idea of where the child lock release switch is...you can then poke a screwdriver or other long thin implement between the door and the jamb and disable the child lock, this will allow you to open the door, if this is indeed your problem.