PDA

View Full Version : Advice on which is the best wireless printer adapter ?

shaft-50
03-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Well I never thought I would be posting on here none car related ;)

Anyways, have recently purchased a new epson sx200 printer that scans and copies too and was thinking of getting a wireless adapter to go with it so that I can plonk the printer in one corner and print/scan etc off my laptop from anywhere in the house.

I have looked into it and have seen a few but there doesnt seem to be any good feedback/reviews on them :confused:

Can anyone advise on this and which wireless adpater would be best for my epson print/fax/scanner (ps I dont want to spend a fortune either).

Cheers

sooty
04-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Well I never thought I would be posting on here none car related ;)

Anyways, have recently purchased a new epson sx200 printer that scans and copies too and was thinking of getting a wireless adapter to go with it so that I can plonk the printer in one corner and print/scan etc off my laptop from anywhere in the house.

I have looked into it and have seen a few but there doesnt seem to be any good feedback/reviews on them :confused:

Can anyone advise on this and which wireless adpater would be best for my epson print/fax/scanner (ps I dont want to spend a fortune either).

Cheers

Hi there,
Quick question... What wireless router do you have?

shaft-50
04-08-2009, 07:46 PM
For my broadband/laptop I currently use a netgear wireless modem.

Not bought a wireless adapter for the printer yet !

sooty
04-08-2009, 08:05 PM
For my broadband/laptop I currently use a netgear wireless modem.

Not bought a wireless adapter for the printer yet !
ok lastley:
1. Is your printer USB?
2. Is your printer anywhere close to your Netgear wireless router?

There is a reason I am asking

Ben
04-08-2009, 09:27 PM
i bought a wireless print server. it works a treat provided its not a massive file like a picture.

it is a belkin f1up0002 http://www.belkin.com/uk/support/product/?lid=enu&pid=F1UP0002uk

shaft-50
05-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Yes the printer has USB connection and I am thinking of keeping the printer in my lounge where I use my laptop, however not fussed where I put it helps !!!

My netgear wireless is in my bedroom.

Ta