PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear - new S4 - A little rude.. :)

AndyH123
03-08-2009, 03:00 PM
I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised.. after all, Porsche always get the same treatment from Clarkson regardless of the vehicle.

And it was cheap ammunition for my other half who sat chuckling away at the references to people in IT... black Audi's.. racing at the lights.. pfft.

Still, the S4 looked damn fast off the line in the stupid ute drag race. Shame we didn't see it go round the lap. :(

troc
03-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Yeah I was hoping they'd put it 'round the lap as they had it there anyway. It was dammed fast off the line though and whilst the ute was faster eventually, I'd still rather have the S4 as my daily drive :) Especially here in Europe with our climate.

Tail-happy sliding is fun on a track but if I'd wanted that, I'd be in the BMW forums moaning about my scratched 335i or M3 :biglaugh:

mkc
03-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Yeah S4 looked quicker off the line and if people are into racing off the lights then the S4 looked like the tool to have over that Ute thing. That thing only started to pull in the S4 once it reached 3 figures which in the reall world is pretty pointless. Given the 4 wheel drive on the Audi it would certainly keep you on the straight and not off into a hedge.

Its a shame they didnt spend a bit more time with the S4 to be honest esp as I pretty much summed up the type of driver and person given by Hammond.:D Still I havent resulted to hosting stupid game shows from a studio on a Saturday night to bring my wages in.

awtaylor
03-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Steady on, if you are referring to "Total Wipeout" as a stupid gameshow then I will have to bed to differ, I find it hilarious and as for Amanda Byram :aargh4: :biglaugh:

Jop
03-08-2009, 06:30 PM
I LOVE total wipeout and have applied to be a contestant.

harryg
03-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Love Top Gear and Clarkson is ultimate wind up merchant......................

onemanparty
03-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Have to agree Top Gear and Clarkson are great - I have a number of Clarkson books every funny they are too.

But the way - What is Total Wipeout (Yes and before anyone says a TV Programme) But I have never heard of it :confused:

ScottyUK
03-08-2009, 11:47 PM
It's kinda like a sort of Takeshi's Castle in a English kinda way....but this is on prime time.

onemanparty
04-08-2009, 07:09 PM
It's kinda like a sort of Takeshi's Castle in a English kinda way....but this is on prime time.

Takeshi's Castle is very funny - Total Wipeout I bet tries to be!!

kamion
26-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Neither Top Gear nor Fifth Gear have done a TV review of the new S4, have they?

troc
26-08-2009, 11:20 PM
Fifth Gear have a web only review but it's not brilliant:

http://fwd.five.tv/fifth-gear/videos/other/fifth-gear-web-tv-episode-one

About 6 minutes in - however VBH doesn't like it - unlike every other serious reviewer so far (car mag, top gear mag, evo, autocar and the German press), all of whom have rated it very highly. Then again, she wants every car to be a racing car!

John

kamion
28-08-2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks John. :)