PDA

View Full Version : Attention A8 air suspension

richard.billing
02-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Hi , I had a problem develop with my A8 after going through a puddle and it cost me a grand to fix, there is a compressor in the f/n/s wheel arch behind the headlight (2006) model its electric so if water gets in its screwed, im bloody annoyed about this so am writing to Audi to complain will let you know what they say , take care and watch out for puddles!!!!!

flickflack
08-08-2009, 09:18 PM
richard
the other thing to watch out for are the rainwater drain holes in the engine bay
if these block it will flood the inside of the car and cause many electrical problems especially to the electronics under the drivers seat which audi will claim is not a design fault

richard.billing
09-08-2009, 11:57 PM
Hi flick, thanks for the reply and the heads up I will check that.

richard.billing
05-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Hi, thought I would let you all know what happend with my 8s problem, I have to say my local Audi center have been brill , after some disscusion they showed me a great deal of "good faith" regarding the repair cost which was over £1000 and after I complained to Audi they also have been very very good also showing me a couple of hundred pounds worth good will so all in all not to bad, take care all