PDA

View Full Version : Hi from a newbie to Audi ownership

Hobb99
01-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Hi all

Been a member of the site picking up useful info for the last couple of months or so. Nice one everybody!

I now have a new (to me) 2007 2.0 (136) Tdi A6 S-line multitronic Avant in Aero blue loaded with a crate load of gizmo's plus the AMI ipod interface I had fitted last week. Really chuffed.

2 questions tho:

1. How economical should this car be? We (well rather her indoors ;)) have been driving it for a couple of weeks now and seem to be getting 33-34mpg. Seems a little low to me - was expecting somewhere into the 40's bearing in mind we live in a village and have to travel some distance to civilisation.

2. Since getting rid of my 2006 1.9 tdi Ibiza, I have a spare diesel chip, that I believe fits this car. On removing the engine cover, I expected to find the diesel manifold with a temperature sensor on the end. No such luck! Does anyone know where the connector is? Or does this need a different chip.

I may be in for a remap in the future, but as I've skint myself buying the car, I want to see if the kit I already have will give me a bit extra.

Thanks for any reponses.

MFGF
17-08-2009, 04:21 PM
My last A6 2.0TDi PD did around 43 to the gallon (mixed town and motorway driving), although it was a manual gearbox, not a multitronic like yours. If memory serves, the connector you're looking for is on the right side of the engine (as you stand looking at the engine cover) towards the rear. I don't think you need the engine cover off to get to it (but it obviously helps to see things clearly).

Regards,

MF.

Hobb99
21-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Thanks MFGF.

Much has happened since I posted. We spent 3 weeks in France throughout the summer holidays, and took the car. Fantastic time and the car performed faultlessly throughout - except for one thing. Economy.

We did just over 2500 miles over the period with the trip indicating an average of 33mpg!!!:confused: Not only that but France isn't exactly a country you can speed around in - not if you want to keep your money in your wallet!!

I know the car was loaded with 5 people, a dog and a large (but aerodynamic) topbox, but 33mpg - surely that must be wrong???

The topbox was only used on the way down and way back - at all other times it was off the car.

On returning to the UK I decided to ring the dealership the car was purchased from, and the car was booked in to be checked over. That was last week. I got the car back on Friday afternoon after driving an A4 2.0Tdi courtesy car around for a couple of days.

And guess what?? They say there's nothing wrong with it. No no no :aargh4:

I want to get it mapped but I daren't until I'm happy it's working right. I can't put my finger on it, but I really don't think it is. The A4 I drove - albeit a year newer than mine managed to achieve a respectable 47mpg whilst being driven fairly hard, whilst I managed 40mpg in mine travelling very conservatively (never over 70) over the same journey. It just doesn't seem right.

Comments anybody as to which way I turn now?