PDA

View Full Version : daul mass flywheels newbe needs advice please

trioptics130
31-07-2009, 09:19 PM
hi guys girls ladies and togs, i am looking for some advice about the daul mass flywheel, i drive an A4 avant 6speed man 2004 plate 1.9tdi 130 ps and the clutch has started to give random faults, thus the dmf. I became a forum addict today and apparantly Valeo do a conversion that changes the dmf back to the conventional flywheel. My question is , is this true and has anybody done it yet to this model car yet. your assistance and insight would be helpfull. regards daren

towcestervag
31-07-2009, 10:27 PM
it is true but not done it yet

trioptics130
01-08-2009, 11:11 AM
thanks for reply, does anybody know if the conversion kits are available in the uk yet, because if they are i might be the first to let everyone here know how the conversion goes. many thanks daren

trioptics130
03-08-2009, 10:50 AM
hi all, i spent alot of the weekend trolling over the net looking for information about the DMF on the A4 130ps 1.9 tdi =results were zero:zx11:
Spoke to VAG supplier and i have engine and Valeo part numbers for this model, pm me if you need , conversion kits are not available in the uk by Valio at this time but will be by the end of next month. No prices detailed either and in the time i have written this a differant supplier has got back to me with a price and availability of a non Valeo kit. Hope this helps a little, daren

Eshrules
03-08-2009, 11:08 AM
by 'standard' I presume you mean a solid/single mass flywheel?

imho, there's little benefit to be gained by this, unless you're planning on remapping the car.

you'll feel considerable judder upon setting off and I have to say, I'm not a fan.

is there any particular reason you're interested in a single mass as opposed to a dual?

trioptics130
03-08-2009, 11:36 AM
thanks for the reply Eshrules, according to Valeo, the new conversion kits remove bite point judder, and imo a single mass assembly is far more durable and cost effective over the dmf system that appears to be problematic, unreliable, expensive to replace and relativly new tech. I have never known of a single mass assembly to wear excessivly (but i'm sure it does happen) less than 53000miles on clock over the dmf assembly which is at a point of failure. For me it might be trust in what i know to be reliable and of course cost, the cost of replacing the clutch assembly from dmf to smf is roughly half and to me this is a big saving as the dmf in my car has only lasted 53000 miles. You also state that i might have to get the car remappedfor the conversion, your insight into this would be grateful , regards daren