PDA

View Full Version : Sporadic fault.

soldonseat
13-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Hello all. I'm new to this, so bear with me.

Bought my Leon 1.9 tdi cupra at the **** end of January. Second hand, warranty runs till May, chuffed to bits as I'd been after one for about a year:biglaugh:. Anyway, dashboard light comes on - manual says if this light flashes then you've got high emissions. Well the light aint flashing, it’s just on. Got it looked at, 2 hours later was told it was a “sporadic fault” the recommended guidelines were to reset the computer and take it for a test drive. They did this and assured me everything was fine. Drove it home, drove it to work, got in it after work and the light was back on.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what it resulted in. The service centre does not fill me with confidence, especially when I said that there must be something wrong with either the sensors or the things they sense and that all of the above should be checked. This was met with a {big sigh} “That’d take ages”:zx11:

I've re-written this 3 times due to the scale of my angry ranting.:1zhelp:

bora(ing) nick
13-04-2007, 07:19 PM
I'd start with getting the ECU read via VAG-Com or similar...

That may flag up what sensors are saying what... Most garages do it now, normally for around £40.

Nick

soldonseat
14-04-2007, 11:00 PM
Is VAG COM not what all the VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda garages use for scanning my ECU anyway? It's booked back into Seat garage for Tuesday morning. Will provide update then.

onzarob
15-04-2007, 08:18 AM
VAG-COM is the 3rd party version of the VAG gealer software. It consider the best for any independant VW garage.

If you get the emission light then you are probabley looking at a sensor fault. MAF, Lamda/Oxygen Sensor etc. The code reader should give an accurate idea. If your taking it to the dealer ask for the error report and post up here.

Rob:D

Col
15-04-2007, 01:04 PM
The first thing I'd do as it's your car is to ask them what the fault is ??

If you can find that out, you'll be able to get better advise and re-search it better.

A fault code or a fault name would suffice.