PDA

View Full Version : Golf MkV - How to dismantle door mirror

dibbo22
13-04-2007, 06:23 PM
Hi,

Recently chipped my side repeater, having purchased a new one I've attempted to fit myself.

Can anyone give advice on how to dismantle the mirror?

I've removed the glass and screws, but presume somehow the case clips off. Can anyone assist?

TIA. David

mrbear
20-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Hi,

Recently chipped my side repeater, having purchased a new one I've attempted to fit myself.

Can anyone give advice on how to dismantle the mirror?

I've removed the glass and screws, but presume somehow the case clips off. Can anyone assist?

TIA. David

hi david..i did the same and i managed to get cover off by first prising two screwdrivers into the front above the idicator lens then stretching cover at the back up with upwards motion..once inside you need a set of those star drives available at any motorist shop and1.pull off heated mirror connectors..2.unclip mirror from top first-pull off motorised mount.3.unclip black mirror surround.4.remove motorised mount-3 screws..5.remove 2 screws to indicator black mount..6.remove electrical connector and two screws into indicator and its off.

ebyrahim
18-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Hi David,
Would you be able to tell me where I can get hold of a replacement door mirror indicator lens cover. thanks

eby

mrbear
19-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Hi David,
Would you be able to tell me where I can get hold of a replacement door mirror indicator lens cover. thanks

eby

hi eby,
we got the lens cover from vw main dealers -blackpool rd preston cost-£17 ish-probably get from any main dealer.
mrbear

ebyrahim
13-12-2007, 11:09 PM
hi eby,
we got the lens cover from vw main dealers -blackpool rd preston cost-£17 ish-probably get from any main dealer.
mrbear

thanks for that mrbear, bought one from a chap on ebay for £10 :approve:, it was a pain fitting it though, you have to take everything off first!!

Ben
14-12-2007, 07:41 PM
it was a pain fitting it though, you have to take everything off first!!

wern't you cold?:p

cableguy1964
25-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Hiya, just wanna say thanks for the advice on indicator lens removal .