PDA

View Full Version : Service and Maintenance package?

jps
13-04-2007, 05:45 PM
I have just put down a deposit on a preregistered (56 plate) Passat 2.0 TDI SE Estate. Does anyone have any advice on whether it is worth paying for a Service/Maintenance plan for the 4 year period of the Lease purchase or will the 3 year warranty be sufficient with a possible extension for year 4? I expect to be doing approximately 20,000 miles per annum and am being quoted the following figures:

1. £17.86 per month for a service only plan over 4 years.
2. £49.60 per month for a service and maintenance plan (excluding tyres) over 4 years.
3. £35.38 per month for a service and maintenance plan (excluding tyres) over 3 years only.

Which should I go for or would I do better to do without either?

I would appreciate any advice!

carl s
13-04-2007, 11:00 PM
If you intend to do high mileage maybe worth it, otherwise I've never seen the attraction myself on a new car.

ianiention
03-10-2007, 07:51 PM
I'm in a similar position but my quote is 23.24 per month for a gti. I'm sure the sales guy said tyres were included, but now I read the exclusions section of the agreement i'm not so sure. It's a very confusing document (I wonder why). Actually the sales guy quoted 19.69 / month, 2 weeks ago, now i get contract to sign it's 23.24.
I'm getting uncomfortable feelings about it.
So I think I will say No thank you to VW service and mainteance package.

prolfe
03-10-2007, 08:16 PM
I have the service option on my a3 @ £28/month

this includes all service parts and all fluids. And with oil being £15 litre this was a great choice.

The option i chose was the basic option. The next one up is about £60 and includes brake pads and wipers etc, then there's the next option up which includes tyres - that's £90 a month which i thought was really expensive.

Bless the sales guy though he said the £90 option includes MOT's :biglaugh:

I then pointed out the first MOT is not due until the fourth year

The £28 i'm paying works out cheaper than paying for it when it comes round. So my advise is to look at the extras you get under maintenance.

If it's a set of brake pads and a wiper blade then it might not be worth it. But if fitting a set of pads is loads of money then maybe it is worth it.

oh and I do 30k a year