PDA

View Full Version : VW Festival - Harewood House, Leeds

westie383
30-07-2009, 11:11 PM
Just wondering if anyone's going along to this years event? Never been before, but judging by previous years pics on their web site, it looks like it'll be a good weekend (weather permitting). 15/16 August
Hope to see some of you there, probably in the beer tent, camping Sat night/show Sunday - look out for the Westie.

:beerchug:Trev.

Eshrules
01-08-2009, 03:14 PM
I'll be there ;) 3rd year running and it gets bigger/better every year.

I'll be camping so feel free to pop over

Pat J
09-08-2009, 09:25 AM
I'll be there on the Sunday. Me and my kid brother are hopefully convoying up.:biglaugh: As long as we've got his mk.3 golf running properly that is.

I've been before in 2007 with UKPASSATS and remember just a little bit of mud around but still a good show, hopefully the weather is better this year.

Will keep a look out.

Eshrules
10-08-2009, 02:58 AM
I'll be there on the Sunday. Me and my kid brother are hopefully convoying up.:biglaugh: As long as we've got his mk.3 golf running properly that is.

I've been before in 2007 with UKPASSATS and remember just a little bit of mud around but still a good show, hopefully the weather is better this year.

Will keep a look out.

2007 was my first show and I have to say it's come on leaps and bounds since, last year was massive compared to 07, this year's set to be even bigger with a bigger marquee, more trade stands etc....

Eshrules
11-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Nobody else? I'm surprised with the number of people on here, a fair chunk of which live in the NW aren't attending this? :(

westie383
11-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Nobody else? I'm surprised with the number of people on here, a fair chunk of which live in the NW aren't attending this? :(

'Suppose, if push comes to shove, we could go for the smallest club meet category...;)
Let the weather be fair & I'll c u there.
:beerchug:
Trev.

Eshrules
14-08-2009, 07:03 PM
right chaps, as so many of you have replied to this thread.... :Blush2:

I'll be getting there for around 2/3pm tomorrow, setting up pitch as soon as possible and getting the beer going early. If you want to pop around and say hello, feel free, you'll see CYC's caddy van, my a4 and the brothers red toledo ;)

Pat J
17-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Well we made it there for the Sunday and had a good look round including taking my niece and nephew to see the penguins.:Blush:

Wind was pretty cold but at least the rain pretty much held off. I was expecting a few more trade stands and dealers there like in '07 but other than that was an excellent show and was thoroughly enjoyed.

Only real gripe we had was the car parking as we went in they were sending everyone into the field on the left even though there was a big sign saying 'VW Festival Parking' and direction arrow sending you into the half empty car park at the end of the campsite.

Eshrules
17-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Well we made it there for the Sunday and had a good look round including taking my niece and nephew to see the penguins.:Blush:

Wind was pretty cold but at least the rain pretty much held off. I was expecting a few more trade stands and dealers there like in '07 but other than that was an excellent show and was thoroughly enjoyed.

Only real gripe we had was the car parking as we went in they were sending everyone into the field on the left even though there was a big sign saying 'VW Festival Parking' and direction arrow sending you into the half empty car park at the end of the campsite.

wind... cold? I didn't even notice the gentle breeze in between the sunny spells :P

there were actually more traders there this year, but I think with them being closer together it looked as though there were less, optical illusion FTL.

As for the car parking, I couldn't figure out what was going on, but they only started to use that second car park towards dinner? maybe it was something to do with keeping the grounds decent? (cars/people walking all over it for 4 hours?)

westie383
17-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Really enjoyed my first VW Festival - great atmosphere with hundreds of like-minded VW enthusiasts. Sat night was good, although I thought the main band wasn't up to much - prefered listening to the guys outside, playing from the van. Pity I didn't get to meet up with anyone from VWAF, perhaps next year we''ll get a VWAF flag up?

Eshrules
18-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Really enjoyed my first VW Festival - great atmosphere with hundreds of like-minded VW enthusiasts. Sat night was good, although I thought the main band wasn't up to much - prefered listening to the guys outside, playing from the van. Pity I didn't get to meet up with anyone from VWAF, perhaps next year we''ll get a VWAF flag up?

whereabouts did you camp bud? I had us right near the entrance road, with the A4's plates and banner in as obvious a place as i could get it :(

westie383
18-08-2009, 03:06 PM
whereabouts did you camp bud? I had us right near the entrance road, with the A4's plates and banner in as obvious a place as i could get it :(

Hi,
We got there for about 12:30 ish, and set up camp in the main field at the top of the hill to the right, against the tree line. By 1:00 it had really filled up and clubs/groups were setting up in the middle area.
Changing the subject a bit/lot - we were walking back to our tent after visiting the latrines near the entrance to the field just after midnight, when we and several others saw, what appeared to be a bright orange/red circular object in the sky travelling from West to East, quite high and quite fast, then it seemed to vanish, no sound at all. This was followed about five minutes later by an identical object going in the same direction as before. I did a search on Google yesterday and put in 'UFO sightings 15th August'. I couldn't belive what it came back with! Check out www.uk-ufo.co.uk (http://www.uk-ufo.co.uk) . This sort of thing has been spotted all over the UK over the past few weeks, and all give similar if not identical reports.
There must have been loads of other people that witnessed this this weekend at Harewood Hall - spooky....:confused:
Trev.

Eshrules
18-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Hi,
We got there for about 12:30 ish, and set up camp in the main field at the top of the hill to the right, against the tree line. By 1:00 it had really filled up and clubs/groups were setting up in the middle area.
Changing the subject a bit/lot - we were walking back to our tent after visiting the latrines near the entrance to the field just after midnight, when we and several others saw, what appeared to be a bright orange/red circular object in the sky travelling from West to East, quite high and quite fast, then it seemed to vanish, no sound at all. This was followed about five minutes later by an identical object going in the same direction as before. I did a search on Google yesterday and put in 'UFO sightings 15th August'. I couldn't belive what it came back with! Check out www.uk-ufo.co.uk (http://www.uk-ufo.co.uk) . This sort of thing has been spotted all over the UK over the past few weeks, and all give similar if not identical reports.
There must have been loads of other people that witnessed this this weekend at Harewood Hall - spooky....:confused:
Trev.

http://ghostradio.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/skylantern1.jpg

westie383
18-08-2009, 03:24 PM
That's the beggers - look at all those freeking aliens below them, waving them off!
Perhaps I should have gone to bed before midnight.........:Blush2: without the Tetley's.......

Eshrules
19-08-2009, 06:35 PM
That's the beggers - look at all those freeking aliens below them, waving them off!
Perhaps I should have gone to bed before midnight.........:Blush2: without the Tetley's.......

gave me a right old giggle anyway :alcoholic

Dreadheadtom
12-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Do they normally hold this at harewood house each year? Only just got my A4 so missed it!

UltraViolet
15-09-2009, 12:55 PM
I was just about to say "I was there" but then was wondering where all the VDubs were ....... of course, you must be talking about an earlier event - I was there this weekend just gone for "Cars in the Park"

Still a couple of nice Golfs made it along, and quite a few nice interesting cars.