PDA

View Full Version : Premium car kit and iPhone

Comfortcoop
30-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Hi Folks this is my first post on the forum. Got my 09 CC yesterday and tried to pair my iphone with no success. So my questions are

1. Can I use my iphone in the car via the kit?
2. Can i get a cradle for the iphone and connect to the slot in the arm rest?

Anyone with same problems?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks
John
Motherwell
:Blush:

Teflon
30-07-2009, 11:25 AM
I hope it depends on how old your premium kit is and that you have something new and with all the bugs sorted. See this thread http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=43871 for some background on the kit from 12 months ago, I'm not aware that VW have updated or replaced it.

Assuming things are still the same:
1. It will only work with some of the Nokia range, nothing by any other manufacturer and the iPhone is a dead duck.
2. For a phone to work it must be rSAP compatible, only Nokia support this
3. VW dealers and VW customer services have a list of compatible phones which is old and the phones listed are obsolete. Collectively they are a sack of poop.
4. There is no cradle option for the latest kit (despite what you might read on this forum), but there is an option for a rather expensive bluetooth add-on doodad so that at least you can use your iPhone as if the car was a bluetooth headset. I gave up on this option when I found out the price.

Do a search of the forum for "bluetooth compatability" and there are half a dozen threads. The people who seem to have least success in finding a solution are looking to connect either iPhone or Blackberrry.

Good luck with getting something sorted, please report back on how you go on.

johnloaderuk
01-08-2009, 12:24 PM
I think the root of the problem here is that not everything is compatible with everything else, despite what you may believe otherwise, as there are different versions of most things by different manufacturers, in this case Nokia, who write the bluetooth software for VW, Landrover, etc.

As with all combinations, it pays to check compatibility before making any assumptions. There are no bugs in the system whatsoever, provided you follow their instructions and recommendations carefully.

I have the factory fit premium bluetooth system in my Passat and it is without doubt the best hands free system I have ever had in any car, and I've had a few.

I hope you manage to get your issues sorted soon and without too much hassle and/or expense.

Comfortcoop
03-08-2009, 08:54 AM
Hi,

Thanks Teflon and Johnloader.

Ive got the premium car kit with blue tooth and the flip up dial pad on the dash. Ive tried friends phones and they are picked up in the device search but when i try to connect it says phone not compatible.

Im assuming from both your replies it has to be one of these old Nokias that i need to use. I feel let down by VW as the kit was one of the things i liked about the deal but it seems gloomier the more i find out about it.

Ive tried searching for whats compatible without success, does anyone know where such a list exists?

Thanks again

Best wishes

John
Comfortcoop
Motherwell
Scotland

Teflon
03-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Try this thread and also do a search for "Nokia" or "iPhone" http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=43615

I'd love to see the latest offical list from VW, the most recent I've been able to lay hands on is over a year old.

Also, beware the links to internet lists on Wikipeadia of compatible phones - there is a huge list of stuff that supposedly works but this is for the OLD kit with a cradle and they won't work with the newer Premium BT. The new cradle and insert will work as just a bluetooth connection with none of the fancy stuff, but as I said before it is pricey.

Also, beware that not even everything on the offficial list will work, depending upon the software on the phone. I tried two 6230i Nokia's and one N80 with "old" software that wouldn't work.

I agree that it is the best Bluetooth system you are likely to find on the market, but if you don't have a Nokia phone then it's as much use as a chocolate kettle.

kiforrest
26-08-2009, 07:35 PM
A number of phones are compatible with the premium kit - almost any that is RSAP compatible. I have mine paired with:

1. Blackberry 8900
2. Nokia N96
3. Blackberry Bold
4. LG Cookie

All work perfectly

Teflon
01-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Kiforrest,

This is very interesting. LG told me they have nothing that is rSAP compatible and no plans to introduce anything. The website for the Cookie doesn't say it is rSAP (as far as I can see), so in theory it shouldn't work with the Premium Bluetooth Kit.

With the LG Cookie, do you get access to the full function of the car kit? e.g. Shows calls and directory on the highline display, able to download directories to the car kit, voice dialing works with the steering wheel buttons and so on. If so, I might go and try one and chuck the old Nokia away.

Same question also for the Blackberry phones. I have tried one and failed but it wasn't an 8900.

Or is your car kit the older version (pre-2008), that worked with a much wider range of phones but didn't have the fancy functions?

suzannegould
14-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Hi Folks this is my first post on the forum. Got my 09 CC yesterday and tried to pair my iphone with no success. So my questions are

1. Can I use my iphone in the car via the kit?
2. Can i get a cradle for the iphone and connect to the slot in the arm rest?

Anyone with same problems?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks
John
Motherwell
:Blush:
I have the cc on order due to be delivered october and the dealer has told me that they are going to fit the fiscon system which is compatible with the iphone (will have to wait and see if it works)

rmccardal
22-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Apologies for dragging an old thread up, but I am looking at placing a CC order at the moment and am wondering if the latest versions of the premium BT systems now support the iPhone?

I have seen a few vids on youtube of people that seem to have linked their iphones up to VW's BT system, but they are people in the US.

Many thanks.

[edit] BT premium would be coupled to RNS510

[another edit] Searching on VWVORTEX I read that the newest BT module (9W7) supports a load more phones (inc iPhone) and has new features

- Voice‐controlled Bluetooth (9W7) with audio streaming and phonebook download standard.

I wonder if this is in the 2011 uk car?

leowfc
23-08-2010, 08:19 AM
The premium kit in my 2010 CC did not work so the dealer had to swap it for the Fiscon one installed by http://www.satnavsystems.com/index.html
this works great with my iPhone.

Regards

Leo

rmccardal
23-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Yeah it seems that only the 2011 cars (after week 22) have been fitted with the new version (9W7) of the unit. Hoping someone here has a car built after that date so that I can check. It can also be retrofitted though.

A2DP would be a very welcome addition!

m11ckx
14-09-2010, 01:58 PM
samsung jet (S8000) works great with this system

thax1
15-09-2010, 01:43 PM
New car delivered today (2011, 5 seat spec).
Did not order any specific bluetooth kit, but it has the full 'plumbed-in' kit, not the Bury kit.
So it is displaying phonebook on the dash and on the RNS510.

Pleasant surprise :D

m3-fast
16-09-2010, 08:47 AM
New car delivered today (2011, 5 seat spec).
Did not order any specific bluetooth kit, but it has the full 'plumbed-in' kit, not the Bury kit.
So it is displaying phonebook on the dash and on the RNS510.

Pleasant surprise :D

You mention you have the RNS510 - did you spec this option or did it come with it as standard - I understand the factory fot standard 'stereo' is the RNS310?

I thought the RNS510 came with the 'Dynaudio' pack which is an extra cost option?

I am about a month away from delivery and trying to suss out what system will be in the car when it arrives!!

PS: Where are the pics!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D;):p

thax1
16-09-2010, 09:59 PM
You mention you have the RNS510 - did you spec this option or did it come with it as standard - I understand the factory fot standard 'stereo' is the RNS310?

I thought the RNS510 came with the 'Dynaudio' pack which is an extra cost option?

I am about a month away from delivery and trying to suss out what system will be in the car when it arrives!!

PS: Where are the pics!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D;):p

Yep, I specced the RNS510 and Dynaudio as extra, but not the bluetooth.

Will try and get some pics up at some point :)

rmccardal
23-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Pics!!! lol

jonofsaj
26-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Hi all,

Just received my new passat cc gt 170 with RNS510 and it is fully integrated with my iphone. All singing and all dancing. Yee Haaaaa! did not even spec it, so it came at no extra cost... wondering if it is due to problems with the 310's compatibility.

bluetooth audio streaming from iphone
access your phonebook from iphone
voice activation.... obviously you need to spend a bit of time with each tag.

hope this helps?:biglaugh:

rmccardal
26-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Good stuff :-) glad to hear it's the full audio streaming version too. I any see why the RNS310 integration version would be any different.

Keys hope they can add the dynaudio/panoramic to my order tomorrow!!

When did you place your order?