PDA

View Full Version : Window problems.

adm213
28-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Has anybody had any problems with their electric windows. Twice now, the drivers controls have failed to work, passenger and back controls all work fine but front. Just wondered if anyone else has encountered this or if i've pressed something i shouldn't?!

Foxtrot Oscar
29-07-2009, 08:39 AM
Not so far. Could be a dodgy driver's switch then. I suppose the intermittent problems can be a nightmare with warranty claims due to the ease with which VW can potentially fob off the customer.

mr gee
30-07-2009, 02:36 AM
the auto function has occasionally failed to work. only to miraculously work after the engine was shut down and restarted.

adm213
02-08-2009, 12:26 AM
the auto function has occasionally failed to work. only to miraculously work after the engine was shut down and restarted.

Thats happened a few times, booked it for them to sort out for me.

A4_924_Tracker
09-10-2009, 09:11 AM
You have probably got it sorted now. I had a similar problem on an A4, took all the door apart checked the window motor and found nothing. Transpired that the main power cable had cracked inside the rubber sleeve through fatique. Sometimes the ends would touch and the window would work and other times nothing! Difficult but not impossible to get at with door open to resolder.

percymon
09-10-2009, 10:25 AM
You have probably got it sorted now. I had a similar problem on an A4, took all the door apart checked the window motor and found nothing. Transpired that the main power cable had cracked inside the rubber sleeve through fatique. Sometimes the ends would touch and the window would work and other times nothing! Difficult but not impossible to get at with door open to resolder.

Had the same twice in the last 12 months on my MkIII - undestandable on a 12yr old car, but not on a Mk VI.