PDA

View Full Version : My Audi 80 speedo has died help, please

nod
12-04-2007, 10:30 PM
The speedo on my Audi 80 2.6 V6 auto estate(what a mouth full) began to flicker and now has given up the ghost totally and does not repond at all, other dials are fine.Any help or ideas gratefully rec'd,the car is brilliant otherwise cheers Nod

san
13-04-2007, 10:53 AM
Could possibly be a sensor.
Had the same problem on my 93 Coupe. changed the sensor on gear box, worked for about 3 miles - had to change dash cluster in the end... all ok now though

RJS_90q
13-04-2007, 09:04 PM
There have been a few postings on this previously - it seems to be a fairly common problem.

Probably worth checking the connections at the speedo side too.

Hope that this helps,

Bob

Apollo
19-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Same problem on my 1988 Quattro saloon - speedo needle works for a while, then stops completely... then works again - sometimes fluctuating wildly. Even when it does work propoerly, neither the trip meter or the mileometer are recording any distance at all. Does this mean the speedo itself is buggered.........:confused:

(Had the same problem on a 1989 Audi 80, but it still recorded distance ok on both trip meters. I lived with the problem and eventually sold the car without investigating further....) So I would guess this is indeed one of the older Audi weakpoints.... ??

RJS_90q
19-04-2007, 11:08 PM
More likely to be the connections than the speedo as the speedo still operates sometimes. Remove any connectors, carefully clean them and replace any connectors.

Bob

Apollo
20-04-2007, 10:22 AM