PDA

View Full Version : How long between build date and delivery?

sooty38
28-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Found out on Friday that I still don't have a build date yet but the dealer was still hopeful for a September delivery. How long does it actually take VW to build the car and then ship to the dealer?

netherfield
28-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Seems to depend on what you have ordered-

Model -Engine -Gearbox -Packs. Not sure if it's still the case,but sunroofs seem to take the longest of all.

microwork
28-07-2009, 04:14 PM
The dealer told me 2-3 weeks after the build date.
I think we are in week 32 at the minute. Mine is getting built for week 33. Then delivered 2-3 weeks later - hopefully for end of August.

questionmark
28-07-2009, 05:44 PM
The dealer told me 2-3 weeks after the build date.
I think we are in week 32 at the minute. Mine is getting built for week 33. Then delivered 2-3 weeks later - hopefully for end of August.

I think we are in week 31 at the moment. So week 33 will be week beginning 10th August. Therefore you should expect delivery either the first or second week of September like me.

microwork
28-07-2009, 05:56 PM
I wont be holding my breath anyway - im enjoying running my current mk5 into the ground...

J400uk
28-07-2009, 08:38 PM
I've heard if you spec a sunroof it will take 18 weeks plus from date of ordering to delivery..

questionmark
08-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Just got a phone call from my dealer today and he said that he just received confirmation of my car being built on Monday therefore i should hopefully have it in the first week of September. My excitement has died down a bit since I've already been waiting 3 months but I'm sure it will come back in the next 2 weeks.

HHGTTG
09-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Just got a phone call from my dealer today and he said that he just received confirmation of my car being built on Monday therefore i should hopefully have it in the first week of September. My excitement has died down a bit since I've already been waiting 3 months but I'm sure it will come back in the next 2 weeks.
Only been waiting 3 months! What luxury.

WeegieBob
09-08-2009, 07:38 PM
I think I'm in a fairly unique position having taken delivery of 2 (nearly) identical Golfs in the space of 6 months.

The first was a Flame Red 3-door GT TDI with Convenience Pack, Vancouver Wheels & 510 radio upgrade ordered the first week in January and delivered 1st April (12 weeks approx). The second one is absolutely identical spec as the first, excepting this time it also came with the Winter Pack. This one was ordered on the 1st April, with me taking delivery on the 8th July (again 12 weeks approx).

Delivery from the factory on both occasions 2 - 3 weeks.

WeegieBob. ;)

questionmark
09-08-2009, 08:42 PM
WeegieBob
Seems like your order's were both early enough to miss the general and the government scrappage scheme delays. i ordered mine on the 28th of April and got caught in the que. Mine was expected at the end of july, but has been pushed back 3 times to a confirmed build week of week 33. Now expected in the first week of september thats roughly 4 months from order. And judging by the comment made by HHGTTG and other threads on this forum i should be happy. :-)

HHGTTG
09-08-2009, 09:05 PM
WeegieBob
Seems like your order's were both early enough to miss the general and the government scrappage scheme delays. i ordered mine on the 28th of April and got caught in the que. Mine was expected at the end of july, but has been pushed back 3 times to a confirmed build week of week 33. Now expected in the first week of september thats roughly 4 months from order. And judging by the comment made by HHGTTG and other threads on this forum i should be happy. :-)
It is also related to the fact that these cars were not specified with the 1.4TSI engines and hence perhaps not subject to the extended delays resulting from shortage of supplies of these units.

jinjin
09-08-2009, 09:18 PM
It is also related to the fact that these cars were not specified with the 1.4TSI engines and hence perhaps not subject to the extended delays resulting from shortage of supplies of these units.

the issue seems to be related to the SE 122 compared to the GT 160 engines as I was told by my dealer. When I ordered mine under the scrappage scheme I was told that it would be marked as a priority build so that it meets the governmnet criteria on the scheme.

I ordered my car 5th June and I was told on 3th Aug that it had completed build and was awaiting shipping to the UK.

I actually hoping on a slight delay on this so its makes it easier getting it on a 59 plate

questionmark
17-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Another update.
Got another call from my dealer this morning. He said that my car has now been built and is already in the UK. That was really surprising considering it was only built last week. He also said that it should arrive at the dealers by Wednesday and I could pick it up early next week if I wanted. I thought about it and as tempting as it sounds I thought it better to wait an extra week and get a 59' plate. Now for the excitement to slowly creep back in. :D

Steve_D
17-08-2009, 11:05 AM
I've heard if you spec a sunroof it will take 18 weeks plus from date of ordering to delivery..

I've just ordered one with a sunroof and I was told 12-14 weeks for delivery. Might be a bit optimistic then? I was told by the dealer that 'scrappage' deals take priority and go through a bit quicker. I'm not using the scrappage though.

ross980
17-08-2009, 12:24 PM
the issue seems to be related to the SE 122 compared to the GT 160 engines as I was told by my dealer. When I ordered mine under the scrappage scheme I was told that it would be marked as a priority build so that it meets the governmnet criteria on the scheme.

I ordered my car 5th June and I was told on 3th Aug that it had completed build and was awaiting shipping to the UK.

I actually hoping on a slight delay on this so its makes it easier getting it on a 59 plate

I’m in a very similar predicament but have told the dealer I want to wait until 1st September for a 59 Reg. The dealer was fine with that, you should be ok too as you’re well inside the 14 weeks even if you wait until 1st September until registering your new car.