PDA

View Full Version : lead and software?

ahsanx
12-04-2007, 08:03 PM
hi all new to the forum look great!!! ok question i want to get a lead and software to check diagnostics on my car or check if there any probs or faults!! can anyone tell me whether it is possible for me to get codes and programme a spare key aswell as dealers want like £90 and i already have key and fob!!
also wher do i get the lead and software

p.s - i dont knw if this is legal so i do appologise and admin remove if this is the case!

Foxcub
13-04-2007, 02:44 PM
Hi there,

Try the link below for the cable. I purchased one myself a few weeks ago for around 13 pound including shipping. Came with the Vag-Com software version 409.1 and the drivers for the lead. Capable of reading the fault codes and erasing them as well although I'm not so sure about recoding the key.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/USB-KKL-Vag-Com-Cable-Interface-VW-Audi-VagCom-OBD2_W0QQitemZ330108580976QQihZ014QQcategoryZ43989 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ahsanx
13-04-2007, 03:40 PM
hi foxcub thanks for the reply cheap enuff really thought there would be some on fleabay!!!!

ahsanx
15-04-2007, 09:38 PM
thnx foxcub ordered the lead any chance u could email me the software u use i went to there download page its a nightmare theres just too many different things all i want is the driver and software for my 2002 passat 1.9 tdi!!! thanks in advance.

onzarob
15-04-2007, 10:39 PM
The lead will work ok, But you'll need to register VAG-COM to allow you to match a key. You will also need the SKC code to login to the immobilser.

Look here to download software

www.ross-tech.com (http://www.ross-tech.com)

Rob:D

Foxcub
16-04-2007, 06:03 PM
Hi,

Software and drivers came with the lead. Should be the same for you if you ordered from alpha-bid, takes about 10 days to deliver.

Cheers

ahsanx
17-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Hi,

Software and drivers came with the lead. Should be the same for you if you ordered from alpha-bid, takes about 10 days to deliver.

Cheers
cheersfox did order frm alpha

stormtrooper
17-04-2007, 08:45 PM
I found someone in Birmingham who cut and programmed a new key for me for £50 ( i had previously brought a key from ebay ) he didnt need any codes to do this he just had a fancy hand held programmer that was just dedicated to setting up keys for cars. If your in or near birmingham i can send you his shop details .