PDA

View Full Version : Road Noise and Sound Deadening

MeAudi
27-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Hi there,

I want to try and do something about the road noise on my A4 Avant which is shod with 235/40/18 Continental Sport Contact 2s. The noise is quite bad and I'll probably replace with Yokohama C-Drives but I'm not sure that will fix the problem fully.

Some people have tackled this by putting Raamaudio BXT over the inside with Ensolite. I can’t find anyone selling these in the UK so was looking at just using Dynamat Xtreme or Sound-X.

The Dynamat looks expensive stuff and with either it would take ages to do the whole of the car (http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2378204). So has anyone tackled this and found which areas are best to cover such as easy areas like under the rear seat or the doors or come across an alternative apart from turning up the volume on the radio!

Thanks

bez101
27-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Hi there,

I want to try and do something about the road noise on my A4 Avant which is shod with 235/40/18 Continental Sport Contact 2s. The noise is quite bad and I'll probably replace with Yokohama C-Drives but I'm not sure that will fix the problem fully.

Some people have tackled this by putting Raamaudio BXT over the inside with Ensolite. I can’t find anyone selling these in the UK so was looking at just using Dynamat Xtreme or Sound-X.

The Dynamat looks expensive stuff and with either it would take ages to do the whole of the car (http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2378204). So has anyone tackled this and found which areas are best to cover such as easy areas like under the rear seat or the doors or come across an alternative apart from turning up the volume on the radio!

Thanks
iv never owned an audi with road noise that bad iv had to use dynamat i run 235/35/20 and its not that noisey also contact 2's are you sure your noise isnt from something else ?

MeAudi
27-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Thanks Bez101.

The car is noisier than the B6 I had before and it is OK on good, smooth surfaces hence it's not a wheel bearing or the like.

As soon as the surface is broken or the larger chippings then it gets quite noisy which means its like this on most roads!

I'm running around 35psi in the tyres if that makes any difference.