PDA

View Full Version : Comfort Seats v Sport Seats

icebun
26-07-2009, 10:41 PM
After trying out the seats in an SE and GT, I found that sports seats in the GT narrow around the bolsters at the seat back.

As I have a wide frame, I did feel as if the bolster was digging into one of my sides.

Whilst it does depend on your frame, has anyone noticed this?

I have a Golf V sport and unless I am mistaken, the size of the seats are exactly the same in the Golf VI GT (materials aside).

Can anyone confirm this?

nebw
27-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Icebun,

I think you're right, there is a real difference between the SE and GT seat shapes, and the GT shape can be uncomfortable if you have a wider frame.

I'm 6'1" and 13 stone, so not particularly chubby, but the GT seats were almost too snug for me.

Not as bad as the seats in the Passat R36 though. My ribs were squeezed from the minute I sat in the car.

bassmandan
27-07-2009, 03:11 PM
I find the GT seats very comfy, although I'm not particularly big (5'11, 70kg). My dad (5'11, 120kg) says he finds them pretty comfy, they sit nicely around his frame and nothing digs in.

cs2009
27-07-2009, 03:47 PM
I also find the GT seats very confortable, and like the sideways support they provide when cornering. However, I do appreciate that they could be a problem for those of wider 'frameage'.

mr gee
30-07-2009, 02:39 AM
I'm 5'11" and 100kg, I find the sports seats quite supportive (maybe you need to adjust the lumbar). I recently did a 13 hour drive without any undue discomfort

4NT
28-09-2009, 12:29 PM
As with Mr Gee above I'm 5'11'' and 105kg's however I'm a heavy gym user and have bigger than average lats (back 'wings') I'm running a 2007 Jetta SE and after as little as 20mins my back is in agony, local VW dealer are changing the seat back but I've sat in other SE's and it's similar, just not suitable for gym users abusers???

I've got an option of Sport / GT seats form a Mk V at good money, does anyone know if these will just bolt straight in and have the same plugs for the Air bags, pre-tensioners and seatbelt warning lights? Could really do with a heads up as I'm really considering ditching the car due to the auwful seats.....

Cheers.

:zx11::1zhelp::zx11::confused::1zhelp:

percymon
28-09-2009, 01:48 PM
As a general rule i don't find any of the Golf seats particularly accomodating, all seeming quite narrow. The sports seats in my Boxster are no snugger than the Golf SE seats, which incidentally i find slightly more bolstered than i remember the S models in the showrrom, perhaps just an illusion with the different seat fabric.

I wouldn't imagine the wiring would be different to different seats, unless of course one type offered additional electric adjustment. The more standardised VW can make the wiring loom the cheaper the cost for them.

cj57
28-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Same size and weight as nebw but find the seats in my GT great ( maybe one of us has longer / shorter legs / body than the other lol?). Only complaint comes from my wife who finds them too firm.