PDA

View Full Version : ESP light issue fixed

ExeJetta
26-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Thanks to the information on here, I went well armed to my local main dealer when the ESP light came on and stayed on and the switch would not turn it off.

It went in first thing on Monday morning, and by Wednesday was back on the road with a new, and I'm told revised, ABS unit fitted.

Having been quoted more than £1,500 for a repair, you can imagine my delight when I was told that, even though the car - a Jetta 2.0 TDi Sport - was four years old and thus out of warranty, VW were prepared to offer 100% as a "goodwill" gesture!

So thanks to the forum I've saved hundreds of pounds - thanks very much to all concerned. And that must include VW for not trying to mess around but getting it sorted pretty quickly, when all is said and done.

Crasher
26-07-2009, 05:10 PM
That is the first case of them offereing 100% goodwill on that issue.

lrobertson82
30-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Thanks to the information on here, I went well armed to my local main dealer when the ESP light came on and stayed on and the switch would not turn it off.

It went in first thing on Monday morning, and by Wednesday was back on the road with a new, and I'm told revised, ABS unit fitted.

Having been quoted more than £1,500 for a repair, you can imagine my delight when I was told that, even though the car - a Jetta 2.0 TDi Sport - was four years old and thus out of warranty, VW were prepared to offer 100% as a "goodwill" gesture!

So thanks to the forum I've saved hundreds of pounds - thanks very much to all concerned. And that must include VW for not trying to mess around but getting it sorted pretty quickly, when all is said and done.

Hi there,

I was looking through the forum regarding a similar problem I have with my 1.9 TDI 2006 Jetta. I spent two hours digging it out snow covered roads and trying in vein to get home. I stalled the vehicle and then when I restarted it the ESP light was on the dash display and on the central control panel. I have not yet been able to take the car out on a decent road to check if the brakes and traction control still operate safely however having read about several others having this problem it's clear that this is a common fault in VW;s and Audis etc, I was wondering if VW having known this would be generous enough to give every customer a goodwill gesture. Has anyone out there bit the bullet for this cost in the event that VW did not cover the cost of the fault, I was wondering what price I am looking at?

Thanks

Crasher
01-12-2010, 11:58 AM
IF the car has been serviced on time exclusively by VW and was bought by you either new or used from a VW dealer, they may contribute but until you have a fault code read done, you are only assuming that the G201 sensor has failed so a fault code is required first. It is possible to have these units repaired now for around half the price of a new VAG unit.

lrobertson82
01-12-2010, 06:05 PM
Thankyou for your speedy response and information, it is much appreciated.

Cheers for now.