PDA

View Full Version : Using Sony Ericsson's with Bluetooth

badboi331
26-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Hi people. Wondered if anyone can help.
I have an Audi A4 2005 with the Bluetooth kit. I have no problems with connecting or with synching the contacts but when i get an incoming call, the ringtone that is played through the speakers is annoying. The best way to describe it would be a standard 'ring-ring' tone but extremely muffled.

At first, i thought it may be the audi kit that's causing the problem but i have tried:

An SE C902 - Does not ring properly
An SE W850i - Does not ring properly
A Nokia 5800 - Rings normally
An SE T610 - Rings normally
A Nokia 6500 Slide - Rings normally
A Samsung Tocco - Rings normally
An SE K800i - Does not ring properly

So from the above, i would say it's a Sony Ericsson issue and not an Audi issue with the exception being the T610 and it may have something to do with the fact that it's on the compatibility list.

I don't know about the other handsets but my C902 has the latest firmware.

I've tried to play about with the settings including changing bluetooth to visible mode instead of invisible, changing the power save mode, I've messed about with the profiles but nothing seems to make a difference.

Any ideas people or is it just a case of tough as my phone isn't supported. It's such a shame as Bluetooth was designed to a specific standard. :aargh4:

shark_90
26-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Sony Ericsson compatibility with the Audi kit (amongst many others) has always been horrendous. I binned several SE phones because of it and now have an Xperia X1 (Windows Mobile) which works albeit not perfectly.

M44K TS
27-07-2009, 07:00 PM
I have a Sony Ericsson C905 which works quite well with the Audi bluetooth, i find receiving the first call makes the incoming ringtone to distort, but any calls after that and it's fine. I've tried a different phone (LG one) and it was fine.

Must be a bug in the Sony firmware as my work van has a Pioneer double din headunit with inbuilt bluetooth and it does it every now and again, whereas the LG is fine all the time.

Audi A4 Lover
28-07-2009, 10:41 AM
I've got a C902. As far as I'm aware all the functions work perfectly. But I do get the WORST ringing through the radio ever, its awfull and usually makes my passengers jump and say '*** is that!?' only somtimes do I get the nicer,chirpier sound. And when I say somtimes I mean I've heard it about 5 times! Ib wonder why the phone effects what noise the radio makes....?

badboi331
28-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Thanks for your advice people.

I'm in the same boat as Audi A4 Lover. Everything works fine including making and receiving calls. It's just the ringtone for an incoming call.

When i tried it with the Nokia 6500, the ringtone that the handset was set to play, is played through the speakers.

Bluetooth is a standard and everyone is supossed to be sticking to these standards. I'm guessing that Sony Ericsson aren't.

I've always loved Sony Ericsson's and have been using them ever since T68i but i love my Audi too and that cost a hell of a lot more than my phone! Maybe it's time to change phone manufacturers. I'll take a long shot and ring Sony Ericsson tomorrow and see if they can give me a straight answer rather than fobbing me off.

Audi A4 Lover
29-07-2009, 12:51 AM
the ringtone that the handset was set to play, is played through the speakers.

WOW!!!! really!!?? I had no idea! I'll record what I get through my radio tomorrow and post it here, its the worst noise ever!

Flakmunky
31-07-2009, 07:03 AM
You should try using a Nokia N95... Then you would have things to complain about! I swapped an N95 for a SE (I forget the model, it was a Cybershot with 2 touch sensitive areas on the screen) and my ringtone played through the speakers as well...

Now using an HTC Touch HD with Jetware and it is perfect...